Sea Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Bass

Well I have always wanted to catch a Bass and after eating some on Saturday, I really, really want to catch one!

Not sure if I have had Bass before, can't really remember to be honest. Anyway I bought 4 fillets on Saturday, as they were really wee, so although it said "Wild Bass" I'm not so sure................................. a bit grumpy maybe!

Did them fairly simply, fried with mashed potatoes and pea puree.

Pea puree - Garden peas, fresh mint, butter, double cream.

Melt a knob of butter in a pan, add peas, a sprig or mint, glug of double cream, season to taste and warm through. Blend and you are done.

Sea Bass - Score the skin and season with sea salt and black pepper. Oil a pan and get it really hot. Put Bass in, skin side down and press down with spatula. Fry on skin side only until they are cooked the way you like them. Skin is crispy and flesh side has not touched the oil. Serve with lemon, mash and puree.

We loved them.

We will try to catch Bass in Whitely Bay area next month!!
    Last edited by kayos; 04-06-2014, 01:13 PM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Lovely fish to eat.

If you venture a little further south (Sunderland unfortunately ) you will find a restaurant in the city centre called D'acqua. Excellent restaurant full stop, but well known for their fish and they do a lovely sea bass.

Expensive if you go a la carte mind!
    Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
    CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Either that or go to a fishmongers called 'latimers.' Its in Whitburn and really easy to find. It's just north of Sunderland on the main coast road in. They sell all sorts of local fish and shellfish but its cracking! Thu also sell local sea bass!
      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

You will be lucky if you catch one off whitlybay goodluck they are not easy to find

Comment

Originally posted by Winton View Post
          You will be lucky if you catch one off whitlybay goodluck they are not easy to find
          I know that, but maybe a kindly local will give me some advice!
          2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Not that hard to find

Comment

Working...
            X