Scallops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scallops

Bought some at the weekend for the first time in ages. I don't like to do too much with them, as I think simple is best.

Scallops

Butter

Garlic

Lemon

Lardons

Sea salt and black pepper

Salad leaves and balsamic dressing

Put about 100g of soft butter in a small bowl, crush two cloves of garlic and juice of half a lemon and mix into a paste. Put into a smoking hot frying pan and when it melts, add the bacon lardons. Season the scallops with a little sea salt and cracked black pepper and once the butter mix is bubbling add the scallops and sear on each side for no more than a minute.

Plate up with salad leaves, other half of the lemon and a balsamic dressing - out of a bottle!

Lovely.
    Last edited by kayos; 05-11-2014, 12:36 PM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

I can confirm they were lovely!

Comment

scallops are always tasty, like mine with garlic n cheese
      Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
      Kompressor SS /slosh30
      tt sport /525 mag

Comment

Scallops

I use the same recipe but add a little chopped up black pudding.

Comment

I had some when we went for a spa weekend at Seaham Hall and they were the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted, Seared scallops like jelly inside...I couldnt even force them down lol

Comment

owts better than haggis.lol.

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
              owts better than haggis.lol.
              see you jimmybehave yersel
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

ive been on the iron brew.

Comment

ive been on the iron brew.
                  Is that like Irn Bru Reg?

Comment

think so,mines from lidl,its called IRON BREW 100%.LOL.

Comment

think so,mines from lidl,its called IRON BREW 100%.LOL.
                      Haha, nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by OuTkast76 View Post
                        I had some when we went for a spa weekend at Seaham Hall and they were the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted, Seared scallops like jelly inside...I couldnt even force them down lol
                        Haha, can see you in your little white robe scoffing scallops! got to disagree about scallops though, bloody lovely!!
                        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
                          Haha, can see you in your little white robe scoffing scallops! got to disagree about scallops though, bloody lovely!!
                          They can be difficult to cook well, too long and they turn to rubber, too little and they can be like jelly inside. However if you get them right, they are absolutely lovely. Smoking hot pan, very little oil, 1 minute per side usually works.
                          Last edited by kayos; 11-11-2014, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Haggis is Awesome man proppa grubb....

Scalops are nice too mind..........lol

Comment

A friend brought me some Stornoway balck pudding home this week, so I bought some scallops and tried them with the black pudding, lovely!

I kept three for Lynn's breakfast this morning and she had them with bacon and a fried egg - absolutely no class!!

Comment

Working...
                              X