Hake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hake

Last week I bought Hake in banana leaves with a crust topping from M&S and loved it. I came home on Friday after school to find that Kayos had bought Hake and was making a crust topping. He had a packet of breadcrumbs(not ruskolene), single cream and many a jar of dried herbs, I was not convinced!

However I was amazed that the breadcrumbs and cream did indeed mix into a paste, he added the herbs and the juice of half a lime. He pasted the flesh side of the fish with the paste, put the fish in a baking tray skin side down, covered it with tin foil and baked it for 20 minutes. He then grilled for another 3 minutes to crust up the paste. Served the Hake with new potatoes and baby brussel sprouts. I have to say it was absolutely beautiful and way better than M&S!

Ingredients

Hake
    Single cream
    Breadcrumbs - Not ruskolene but breadcrumbs
    Dried herbs - Oregano, basil, thyme, coriander seeds, chilli flakes, juice of half a lime, sea salt and black pepper.

Put fish skin side down on baking tray, cover with tin foil for 20 mins at 180 degrees. Take off the tin foil and grill for 3 minutes.
    Last edited by Codqueen; 31-01-2015, 07:08 PM.

Sounds delightful!
    Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
    Kompressor SS /slosh30
    tt sport /525 mag

Comment

I love Hake, great tasting fish.

Comment

sounds good--very good in fact

you do the catching ---mark can do the cooking
        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
        X