Sea Bream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Bream

Well a week back from Gdansk and a week back at school, I arrived at Mark's wondering what delights he had for my tea. I was delighted to hear he had Sea Bream, never had that fish before. It looks like Sea Bass, but has a beautifully sweet taste, I loved it. This is how he cooked it.

Ingredients : Fresh Garlic, tomato, butter, bag of stir fry vegetables, butter, sea salt, black pepper, soy sauce, chilli and lime dressing.

He fried the garlic and tomatoes in a knob of butter and then added the stri fry and some soy sauce.

For the Sea Bream he seasoned it with sea salt and cracked black pepper on the skin side and grilled them under pre heated hot grill, skin side up until the skin was crisp and brown, then turned them and grilled for another minute flesh side up. He made a stack with the stir fry and put the fish on top, drizzled with the chilli and lime sauce, out a bottle from the (Paul) Newman's range, best sauce out a bottle I have ever tasted!. It was lovely and like being back in Gdansk.

As someone said previously, he can't catch them, but he can fair cook them!
    Last edited by kayos; 28-04-2015, 10:00 PM.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Bream

Far far better eating fish than Bass (and far more fun to catch - they don't half give a good scrap). Used to love fishing for them when I lived down south...

CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart 1971 View Post
      Far far better eating fish than Bass (and far more fun to catch - they don't half give a good scrap). Used to love fishing for them when I lived down south...

Stewart, I would love to catch either fish, but no such luck I'm afraid! Looks good on the barbie!
      2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Working...
      X