wrasse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrasse

having read tony and norman's latest trip out with some nice wrasse, i was wondering if any of you have cooked and ate them, av looked through the past history and can't find any, or are they just not good to eat....?

Originally posted by Davey1970 View Post
    having read tony and norman's latest trip out with some nice wrasse, i was wondering if any of you have cooked and ate them, av looked through the past history and can't find any, or are they just not good to eat....?
    .couple of freinds i no BOIL them,then make fishcakes will them.
    dont no what they taste like mind.
    Last edited by regpude; 08-06-2017, 08:04 PM.

Comment

cheers reg, now a just need to catch 1......!.....

Comment

I think the old recipe of cook in a hot oven with a house brick springs to mind
        Cheers Bert

Comment

and chuck the fish away, poach the brick in milk. ! .

Comment

angler I know kept a one once and cooked it, told me it was the most horriblest, disgusting and foul tasting thing he ever tried. lol

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
              angler I know kept a one once and cooked it, told me it was the most horriblest, disgusting and foul tasting thing he ever tried. lol
              well that's that sorted, if i do catch 1 i'll just kiss it and put it back, thank's alot for the replie's lad's.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey1970 View Post
                well that's that sorted, if i do catch 1 i'll just kiss it and put it back, thank's alot for the replie's lad's.
                they've got bib blubbery lips too mate.

Comment

You need to scale them first before filleting, then breadcrumb and fry.I think they taste a bit like Wolfish.Nice!

Comment

One of my mates had one a while back and said it was RANK. I wouldn't bother mate lol
                    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                    X