X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pighunter View Post
    [ATTACH]11190[/ATTACH]

Hard to see with messy leader on it. Will take some more pics later
    Looks like theres a gap forming at the top of the spool lip. A washer might push the line up a little to fill the void.

Comment

Originally posted by CHUKKA View Post
      Looks like theres a gap forming at the top of the spool lip. A washer might push the line up a little to fill the void.
      Yea I thought it might need a washer on but I have under filled it to put a long leader on but will try a washer cheers

Comment

shimano aerlex pg 8000

Thought i would jump on this one...Been looking at the reel mentioned as fancy trying the f/s braid option but dont fancy spending too much incase i dont like the f/s route.Anyone got one of these or have an opinion Cheers.

Comment

ive been using fixed /spools for few years now ,and been using daiwa 6000t and its pulled decent fish out the kelp ,but ive just bought a shimano aero 10000 technium xsb and the line lay is so much better than the daiwa ,I never think about using multipliers now

Comment

Just a little update on this fixed spool caper. I bought a trio rex and it exploded so now have to eat my words lol. I did manage to pick up a first model ultegra xt 14000 and it's an awesome reel. Cranks for fun with little or no flex.

Also if you have a limited budget ie you don't have 3/4/500 quid or more for top spec shimanos and daiwas, seriously have a look at the daiwa emblem s 5000/5500/6000ts. Proper strong reels for not a lot of money on the bay. Sure they don't have all the bells and whistles but what they do have is plenty of grunt and as robust as you need. Make sure you get a japan model and not the rerun they brought out.
            Last edited by topbanana; 23-01-2015, 06:39 PM.
            Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Alexander View Post
              I have a Daiwa tournament 6000t. I think it's a great reel but hard to get hold of now.
              I also have a Shimano Ultegra 12000 which is also vert good and cheaper.

Ian
              Same as me buddy great reels

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Alexander View Post
                That's great, I have looked at the Okuma fixed spools when I've been in the tackle shops but Just the fact that they are Okumas has put me off, so it's good to hear from someone that's been using them.
                I love my Daiwa Tournament 6000t also but the other reel is an ultegra and it needs a bit of attention now so instead of buying some spares it might just pay me to try one of the Okumas.

Thanks again for your reply, Ian.
                Get a ultegra of the fle bay , the jap ones . Make sure it belonged to a carp lad as they don't use them ,they sit in a rod rest for hours looking pretty . Great reels ,last for years round about £60.

Comment

Working...
                X