Question for the lead swingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the lead swingers

I have a mate who is going to get into the shore fishing mularky, as i have just purchased a new rod. My rod is the Fireblade sport. which although old will do me ok.

My mate wants an all round rod which he will be able to learn the Pendulum cast. so what do you guys recommend. As i have been away from shore fishing for about 6/7 years and really don't have a clue whats out there now and what would be a decent all rounder and started rod?

Cheers

Sean
    The beautifull South

I would recommend a kompresser s but everyone has different opinions.i got told of the bloke who taught me tony t that get a soft rod as it makes you cast better, as it's easier to get better distances with a stiffer rod.

Comment

Originally posted by Philthebag View Post
      I would recommend a kompresser s but everyone has different opinions.i got told of the bloke who taught me tony t that get a soft rod as it makes you cast better, as it's easier to get better distances with a stiffer rod.
      same old story , trouble is though, there is as many answers as rods that are out there , every rod is different and coupled with the right reel there is even more options , try get a cast of others mates rods to see if any of those that suit him , as sometimes recomendations for rods from others anglers does not always work
      Last edited by waco; 14-02-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Cheers for the replies so far, what he is ideally after is a rod that can fish but has a good forgiving action for learning the pendulum cast on. Basically not one that will rip his arms off.

Sean
        The beautifull South

Comment

century ccld first choice followed by tip tornado match the latest version.
          afaw six and bait

zziplex m4/ zziplex federation

just a quick reply to a few of many which neednt cost you an arm and a leg and which are all user friendly and wth right technique will easily achieve over 200yards
          did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Originally posted by john/r View Post
            afaw six and bait

just a quick reply to a few of many which neednt cost you an arm and a leg and which are all user friendly and wth right technique will easily achieve over 200yards
            Thanks John

I will read up on the suggestions and advise him.

Cheers

Sean
            The beautifull South

Comment

TT Sport seems to be the go-to allrounder. Cosmic Cat has one for sale on here, it will be in excellent condition aswell from him as he takes very good care of his stuff...its also a MK1 best version IMO.

Youre welcome to have a go of any of my rods...Peterlee, I'm near to a field.
              I'm not an amazing caster by any means but I'll get your mate doing over 100 in 15 mins, 150 if he doesn’t have any major back problems...OTG cast mind, I wouldn’t want to give any advice on pendulum as my pendulum technique is totally self taught and unique and scary
              Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
              CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

afaw six and bait

All I'd add to this list is the Carbon Metal Express; it's the rod I learnt on - great for OTG (which you really ought to start off with before then moving on to swinging the lead), won't put you on your backside if your timing is a bit out and is still a very capable rod. I got up to a consistent 200 metres (220 odd yards) on mine using a low swing pendulum before moving up to the Carbon Metal Crest.

It's also a very capable fishing rod and will handle everything the NE coast can throw at it except perhaps for heavy duty rock work / kelp hauling
                CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart 1971 View Post
                  All I'd add to this list is the Carbon Metal Express; it's the rod I learnt on - great for OTG (which you really ought to start off with before then moving on to swinging the lead), won't put you on your backside if your timing is a bit out and is still a very capable rod. I got up to a consistent 200 metres (220 odd yards) on mine using a low swing pendulum before moving up to the Carbon Metal Crest.

It's also a very capable fishing rod and will handle everything the NE coast can throw at it except perhaps for heavy duty rock work / kelp hauling
                  was going to mention the cme but thought they were a bit heavy going by other people comments on them.

Comment

was going to mention the cme but thought they were a bit heavy going by other people comments on them.
                    Certainly found mine to be a bit on the heavy side John (especially compared to my Zziplex rods) but as a rod for learning to cast on I have no hesitation in recommending it
                    CLIP IT AND WHACK IT

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart 1971 View Post
                      Certainly found mine to be a bit on the heavy side John (especially compared to my Zziplex rods) but as a rod for learning to cast on I have no hesitation in recommending it
                      fair enough stew hav,nt had one myself but heard good reviews on them.

Comment

My CME is the first rod I go for now, if conditions fit...the extra length helps with fixed spools I tend to find. I have not found the weight an issue and I cast with the reel down.

As Stew said, it is really capable of anything...I recently used it on a very kelpy mark and it coped ok, but it was hard work tbh so not the best choice for rough ground.
                        Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
                        CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

my first 200 yrds a casting comp was done on zziplex 2500 , people say its a soft rod but excellent to learn pendulum castng on , try get second hand one jimmy

Comment

Working...
                          X