Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! It’s cold!
Well, actually, it’s cold for most people right now, but I was lucky enough to be sent some Hotteeze heat pads to review and am sitting here typing with them in situ! A bit of overkill, maybe, but some of us suffer for our art!
I’ve tested disposable heat products before and, to be honest, there’s only so much you can say about the ‘making you warm’ element of such a product. Hotteeze appear to work in the same way that rival products do – you open them, exposing them to air, and they start to warm up. Experience has taught me that you can speed this process up by giving them a quick gentle roll between a thumb and finger, but it’s not really needed.
What makes Hotteeze different is that they appear to be designed originally for the physiotherapy market, meaning that they’re a lot more refined than many rival products. What do I mean by that? Well….
Hotteeze For Feet
These arch shaped warmers are designed to fit between the sock and the shoe, without slipping. If you walk a fair bit, the ‘not slipping’ bit will be quite important! They offer continuous warmth for up to 5 hours and claim to be antibacterial and deodorizing, although I challenge any man or woman alive to sniff my feet to put this test to the claim!
Hotteeze For feet come in packs of 5 pairs, with a suggested retail price of £4.99. I know I’ll get told that real men don’t need foot-warmers by all my macho mates, but I’ll have the last laugh on that one and sit there, all cosy.
Hotteeze Stick On Heatpads
When I mentioned the physiotherapy market above, it was the stick on pads that really prompted that remark. These are very different than any disposable warmer that I’ve seen before. They are rectangular in shape and have a heated area of approximately 12cm x 9cm. You peel off the backing to reveal a sticky side, the idea being to place them exactly where needed on your body.
Obviously, if you have an aching joint or back, you’d probably plump for that area, but you can stick them virtually anywhere that you want to keep warm. These larger pads offer up to 12 hours of continuous heat, so are ideal for anglers. The fact that they stay put is a major bonus
Hotteeze Stick On Heatpads are sold in packs of ten and have a suggested price of £9.99.
You can buy Hotteeze products online from www.physiosupplies.com. Although plainly not originally designed with anglers as the primary target market, they’re one of those items that slots in perfectly. Oh, and they’re made in Japan, where the consumer is king, so expect a high standard of product!
Hotteeze - Heating Pads, Self-Adhesive Heat Patches, Air-Activated Body Pad for Menstrual Cramps, Muscle Pain and More, 132mm X 100mm, 10 Pads
- Odourless, slim and ultra-light Self-heating Hotteeze Heat Pads stay hot for more than 14 hours
- Application of heat helps blood vessels relax and open up more, increasing the flow of blood, nutrients and oxygen to the painful area. This relieves pain and helps the area to heal, including via the quick regeneration of damaged tissues and removal of toxins from the area.
- Hotteeze Heat Pads switch on heat receptors at the site of injury, which in turn block the effect of chemical messengers that cause pain to be detected by the body. This means the brain focuses more on the heat and less on the feeling of pain, reducing pain and discomfort.
- Heat helps relieve muscle spasm-related pain by reducing tension in muscle trigger points, increasing the ability of the muscle tendon unit to relax and stretch. This eases muscle stiffness and increases joint mobility.
- Heat increases circulation and the extensibility of connective tissue, which can help improve flexibility.
Hotteeze Hand Warmers (10 Pads) - Non-Adhesive, Eco-Friendly, Air-Activated
|Is Adult Product|
12 x Master Plast Self Adhesive Heat Pads, Lasts up to 8 Hours Each, 6 Packs of 2.
£8.12 in stock
- Masterplast Instant Heat Patches - to warm up whenever you want and wherever you are.
- Ideal for muscle and ligament pain and resentment. Lasts up to 8 hours Heat up to 57°C. It works immediately. 2 x 10 cm x 13 cm. These pads provide temporary relief from minor pain to muscles and ligaments, also relieving back pain, arthritis, strains, bruises and sprains. Each pad is individually packaged. Applying it on underwear(do not directly contact the skin), after a few seconds the heat will radiate.
- Ideal for pain and pain in muscles and joints lasts up to 8 hours at temperatures up to 57 °C instantly works 2 x pads 10 cm x 13 cm These MasterPlast Heat Patches give temporary relief from mild pain and pain in muscles and joints and will also relieve pain such as back pain, arthritis, strains, bruises and sprains. Each is individually wrapped and easy to use. Simply apply to clothing /
HOTHANDS Foot Warmers - 5 Pairs - 8 hours of heat - Air activated - Ready to use
- Included components: 1 x HOTHANDS Foot Warmers - 5 Pairs - 8 hours of heat - Air activated - Ready to use Department name: mens Sport type: Multi-Sport
Cura-Heat Back and Shoulder Pain 7 Patches
£5.59 in stock
- Long lasting. Up to 24 Hours pain relief
- Air-activated heat patch for targeted warming relief from back and shoulder pain
- Non-medicinal and Ready to use
- Can be used with medicine
- It increases blood circulation and relieves sore and stiff muscles