- US Coastguard approves Navi light 360° 2NM and Navi light TriColor 2NM for two nautical miles
- First battery operated LED Navigation light to receive this approval
- Waterproof, floatable, easy to mount and use
- No wires – use as a dedicated light or backup navigation for any size vessel up to 12 meters
Norwegian lighting manufacturer Navisafe has achieved US Coastguard (USCG) approval for its award-winning Navi light. The super bright battery operated LED light is the first of its kind to receive two nautical miles approval as a navigation light: establishing it as an essential item of safety equipment for seafarers.
Scrupulous tests by industry specialists IMANNA Laboratory Inc. and adherence to International COLREG RULE 22, Visibility of Lights, means that Navi light is now approved for all vessels of less than 12 meters as a navigation light.
Navi light has a unique design: it combines a waterproof, floatable; super bright LED light with a double magnetic fixing system. Its compact shape fits easily into a pocket, while its design enables it to be attached to almost anything.
Navi light is available either as a TriColor (red, green, white) light or 360° all white light. The Navi light TriColor 2NM can be used as TriColor Masthead, BiColor, Port, Starboard or Stern navigation light – the modes are easily selected using the simple push button on top.
The ultra bright Navi light 360° 2NM has 5 modes including all-round light and emergency flash. It is designed to continue to shine for 15 hours on all-round light and 4 days on emergency blink.
Both models are powered by 3 x AAA batteries.
Explains Jo Engebrigtsen, founder of Navisafe, “Navi light is the first battery operated light to be approved to two nautical miles by the US Coastguard. This classification means all craft up to 12 meters can carry navigation lights without having to run wires through their deck. As Navi light is small enough to carry in your pocket, it is also ideal as an emergency back up.”
“Navi light is very easy to use and can be operated by almost anyone of any age at any time, even with cold fingers!”
- Navi light can be used as an independent light source while camping, or as an anchor light on a boat. It is an ideal light source for many recreational activities, and is extremely efficient in increasing your visibility in an emergency situation.
- Navi light projects a high-intensity light while consuming little power.
- Navi light is robust and waterproof to 20 metres and has a versatile magnetic attachment system.
- The double magnetic system means the light attaches everywhere, on your clothes, on your boat, inside a tent, to your car everywhere you need light.
Continues Engebrigtsen: “Recreational boats have developed greatly over the last decade, with more horsepower today than ever before. Unfortunately, accidents have also increased in recent years. High-speed collisions after dark are more common these days; therefore your visibility on the water is of upmost importance – even if you are just going out kayaking to see the sunset.”
Navi light 360° 2NM retails at €62,00.
Navi light TriColor 2NM retails at €69,90.
Find out more about Navisafe here.