Pentax today launches the Optio W30, the latest addition to its waterproof and dustproof ‘W’ range. The 7.1 effective megapixel, 3x optical zoom camera features considerably enhanced waterproof functionality, that allows it to be used for photography at depths of three metres, continuously for two hours. Improved waterproofing makes this camera ideal for all types of water and winter sports including snorkelling, windsurfing, fishing and skiing. In addition, the camera is also dust and sand-proof, making it suitable for a wide range of other outdoor pursuits.
The Optio W30 boasts a Digital SR (Shake Reduction) mode that automatically adjusts the sensitivity to match the brightness of the subject to reduce camera shake and blurring when photographing still images. High-quality movies can also be captured in the Optio W30 at 30 fps (frames per second) and a new ‘Movie SR’ (Shake Reduction) function is now included that automatically corrects camera shake. So you can capture quality photographs and movies no matter how inhospitable the environment.
Featuring a high intensity 2.5 inch LCD monitor, the Optio W30 includes an LCD ‘Bright Mode’ that can adjust the brightness of the screen as necessary, making it easier to view the screen outdoors, whether from a mountain top or underwater. The Optio W30 also features a Macro mode that is not commonly found in digital compact cameras. It can be used as close as one centimetre away from a subject to capture stunning close-up photography of insects, flowers or fish. Delivering such robust levels of performance, leading edge optical performance and functionality in a rugged body, the Optio W30 is the perfect choice for beach holidays, yachting and other water based activities.
The Optio W30 will be on sale from March at guide price of £189.99.
- Enhanced waterproof function – The Optio W30 is now capable of being used to photograph underwater at depths of 3 meters continuously for 2 hours (in previous models underwater photography was possible at depths of only 1.5 meters for a period of 30 minutes).
- Digital SR (Shake Reduction) automatically adjusts the sensitivity to match the brightness of the subject to reduce camera shake and blurring when photographing still images.
- Macro photography as near as 1 cm
- A new 2.5-inch LCD monitor with an LCD ‘Bright Mode’ that can adjust the brightness of the screen for superb visibility even outdoors
- High-quality movies at 30 fps (frames per second) that now features a new ‘Movie SR’ (Shake Reduction) function that automatically corrects camera shake
- Face Recognition AF & AE for one-step portraits – the camera includes Face Recognition AF & AE, which allows you to take bright, sharp photos of people with perfectly focused faces free of shadows caused by backlighting.
- Auto-tracking AF continuously focuses on a moving subject
- Auto Picture mode to automatically determine the best settings for the shooting conditions