The basic rig consists of a length of 30lb line tied to a swivel and ending in a lead link. The distance between the lead link and hook snood swivel is variable between 15 and 25cm.
Use the shorter length in a slack tide and the longest in a strong tide. The two snoods above are also variable. However the opposite applies. Use the longest lengths for a slack tide and vice versa. The white attractor is an optional extra, but can make a difference.
Another optional extra is the addition of a weak link between lead link and sinker, plaice can be taken over gravel or mussel beds, which can quite easily snag your line or sinker. The distance from the hook to the start of the beads depends on the bait. If using simply ragworm (probably the best overall bait) tipped with razor, squid etc; then a gap may not be needed.
However if using a cocktail (which can prove effective) of rag, lug, crab tipped with razor, squid etc a gap will be needed. The number of beads is entirely up to you. For the single hook trace use larger beads than for the two hook trace. Pictures and text adapted from a contribution by Alan Charlton.
Plaice Rigs For Sale
2 x 1kg net Weight Bags of Frozen Plaice Fish Fillets - Ideas for Christmas Dinner Parties and buffets
as of 20/09/2020 10:07
- Excellent quality Plaice Fillets supplied single frozen, skin on and boned. An excellent alternative when fresh is out of Season!
- Responsibly sourced in peak fishing season. Please note that they may have some minor bones present.
- With a mild and sweet flavour, Plaice is extremely popular and is simple to prepare and cook.
- Fish is among the healthiest foods on the planet and an excellent source of high-quality protein.
- Please see product description for delivery details