Storms are terrifying, awe-inspiring and provide an unparalleled thrill to those who encounter them – and survive. This highly illustrated book, brings storms vividly to life. The gripping text recounts the experiences of small boats and large ships fighting their way to safety, and the spectacular photography brings home the sheer power of nature.
• What conditions whip up storms
• Experiences of small boats and ships in storms
• The formation of hurricanes, typhoons and cyclones
• Whirlpools, maelstroms, monsoons and tsunamis
• The effects of storms on harbours and harbour entrances
• The impact of global warming
Storms and Wild Water is a gripping and fascinating read.
Dag Pike began his career as a merchant captain, went on to test RNLI lifeboats, and took up fast boat navigation, winning a string of trophies for powerboat races around the world, including navigating Richard Branson’s Virgin Atlantic Challenger on the record-breaking fastest Atlantic Crossing by powerboat. He is now a navigation and powerboat journalist in demand all round the world.
Storms and Wild Water is published by Adlard Coles Nautical— an imprint of A&C Black, priced £16.99. CLICK HERE to check out the latest price on Amazon UK.