In this series of highly practical, step-by-step photographic manuals, Upgrading Your Boat’s Interior shows boatowners how to improve their boat’s living space in terms of comfort, functionality and convenience.
After a few years of use, cabins can all too often look tired, outdated and in desperate need of renovation. But it needn’t cost the earth or even require the skills of a specialist to refurbish them. Even making small changes can create a new aesthetically pleasing surrounding. This book will help owners to regain a little of that ‘new-boat’ feeling. Topics include;
- How to improve your basic facilities, from interior lighting to making your own fan
- Simple interior decorating ideas to personalise your onboard space
- Working with soft furnishings to create new bunk cushions and sprung mattresses
- Creating workable storage solutions
- Tackling major woodwork projects, including rebuilding a galley from scratch
Suitable for both motorboats and yachts, this invaluable guide is perfect for any hands on boatowner. Each project lists equipment and a difficulty rating, with many projects being so simple that the whole family can get involved. With this book to hand, it has never been easier to bring your boat’s living space into the 21st century.
Mike Westin is a marine journalist and in his spare time a DIY boat repairer. He has owned and worked on a variety of boats, both power and sail, so is fully in tune with what boat builders and repairers need to know when taking on projects of this nature.
Published by Adlard Coles Nautical
Paperback – £19.99
CLICK HERE to view this book on Amazon UK