• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skate trip 9th-10th of Nov spare spot

First come first served, i have a drop out for a skate fishing weekend

2 days boat fishing for skate and congar
    1 night bnb
    Travel together in a group of three...we have booked the full boat for both days

Cost all in thats car fuel, boat hire, bnb and rod hire will be around £260.

I must state thou you need good health as in a good back and able to fight a 200lb fish for upto 2hrs

It will be cold but i do it every year and so far never had a trip cancelled due to weather.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

I would do the fishing bit, but I have a house near by so not too interested In the b and b part.

I take it its with on ya marks?

Id love to join in the fishing bit.

Comment

Sorted now thanks for the interest and PM's sorry to the people that got in too late....i be looking at doing a trip in April again but always like the Autum trip more as you see more congor
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Good luck matey,hope the weather's cock on for ya!

Comment

Never had a trip called off unless its a very strong south wind the sea never gets up. Skate fishing is a waiting game, you may not get a bite for 5 hours then 2 or 3 rods go at the same time when a group move through the swim...last year we had 4 on at the same time and only 3 people on the boat but that was it for the full day no more bites.

In November you always seem to pick up a few conger on the smaller baits and the odd thornback, black mouth dogfish and normal dogfish....i have never caught a spurr yet but been biten off by them twice up there.

Hope the mackerel are around still off our coast, as i now need 35 full ones for my skate trip. If the weather holds i hope to land a few on Friday.

Also just booked a 2 day tope trip, so hoping to ge lucky and hit them pack tope feeding again..wish to have a day like we did back in June 17 tope in a 7hr sesh
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Good luck with the Skate Richy. Sorry I couldn't make it but i'm to old for the big females now

Looking forward to next years Toping though
            Tight lines
            Davy

Comment

Working...
            X