Raymarine fishfinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raymarine fishfinders

Has anybody had a look at the new digital DX500 /600 fishfinders from raymarine ?

Never seen that model Dave but I must say I was impressed by the range and quality of there equipment,got to worth a look at.
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/nerhs/p.jpg

Comment

Dave, i have ordered some new raymarine kit from the place in the states where Norman got his fish finder,i have ordered the following.
      C120 multi display unit
      DMS digital module
      1000 watt bronze transducer
      24 mile Radome
      fairing block to suit
      Have you had a look on their site ...www.raymarine.co.uk...it is very good

Comment

Just what I thought John , I understand it\'s a spin-off from Rayathon ( Your local guided missile company :P ) .

Bob,

I looked all over the yank websites last night and that J&H are by far the cheapest , it\'s a toss up between the Furuno or the Raymarine for me . Will you have to cut a hole in your new boat for the brass transducer then Bob

Comment

yes Dave i will,but not to bothered about that though also have had to order a fairing block ( £ 220 ) approx from the states, Dave there is no comparison between the units it is like comparing black and white against colour,the one i am raymarine are superb....no more surface clutter,crystal clear defination of the sea bed..........even at full speed cruising...WOW!!!!!!

Comment

Found another cheap US site .

Westmarine.com

We are getting hammered in this country

Comment

Very true Dave very true, RIP OFF BRITAIN the most expensive place on the planet.
              http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/nerhs/p.jpg

Comment

Dave, Transducer,DSM module, and radome arrived this morning...they were dispatched on 24 feb,hows that for service???

Comment

Bob,

Did you have to pay 5% import tax and then 17% v.a.t ? and how did you pay this , to the carrier ?

Even adding this on , its still a fraction of the cost of the UK . Just out of interest I got a quote from \"Duty free\" Gibraltar and it was the same as here even if I bought it in Gib itself

Your right John , most expensive country in the world .

Comment

yes Dave,had to pay the courier £230 by cheque today,and probally about £ 170 when display arrives,so i originally thought i had saved about £700 on all the kit,but now only about £ 400,still not a bad saving and delivery was quicker than the uk quoted

Comment

forgot to say,the tax side was my fault,when i ordered from them,at the end it gives you the price for delivery inc tax,this however was obivously there delivery tax, am still happy to have saved though

Comment

Dave,
                        I paid for the bits and the delivery to J & H then when it arrived (only 5 days) I had a call from the couriers asking for a payment to cover vat and import duty, all easy stuff no probs and still a lot cheaper. with the dollar the way it is at present its even worth buying dollar notes !!!!! and importing them, gear has never been so cheap in the states due to the 1.9 exchange rate at present ................. hurry hurry it`ll not last more than 6 months.
                        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

hi norman,

i just ordered a new lowrance sounder from a place in the states, but being a canny (mean) scot i asked for it to be sent to my mates daughter in texas so she could send it over marked as a gift as i have been told this is a way of avoiding the VAT and import duty, i don\'t know if this is just an urban myth or not, but she sends stuff to tam and her mum all the time and they never get stung for the dreaded.

watch this space

les

Comment

Yeah Les, I`ve heard the same, sometimes I believe you get it tax free cos it just slips through ...... no matter it`s still a lot cheaper
                            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Lol - that was the idea , just did not want to broadcast it. Thanks chaps.

Comment

Working...
                              X