Artificial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artificial

Having just had a delivery of a load of Jelltek items see the piccy...
    ..... .......what\'s the best way of rigging them.

Has anyone tried them on their own on a flowing trace, i.e without the lead head bit??

Do you still use a pound of lead with an 1 or 4oz leadhead??
    As my dad used to say....Man who go to bed with itchy bum......wake up with stinky finger!!!

Ian

Ian, you want to flush that curly brown thing in the glass (Top right of shot) Yes it\'s a perfect example of the beehive turd but you really need to let go. FLUSH IT or CROP IT. Cropping a crap

Comment

The lumi shads are very effective-6/8oz lead 1oz leadhead or simply slide a drilled bullet onto the trace above the jelly. You can fish lighter gear/leads cos its not crucial to fish stright up and down as with a pirk.

[Editat el 26/2/2004 per Topecatcher]

Comment

dave,

I was thinking that for the deep wrecks , trying to get a pirk vertical may be difficult but if you keep touching bottom with a flying collar it could trail behind you a bit .

Comment

Ian, did you buy those or did they send them as compensation for late delivery of your moulds.?
          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Norman,

That was part of the order I was waiting for. They did send me as jesture of good will one of their luminous 1lb pirks.
            Very nice it is too, and at £5 a go rather expensive as well

Going to have have another spell with molten lead and make some lead heads up.

Will also have to get some of the smaller worms tied onto some flowing traces.

Roll on summer :P
            As my dad used to say....Man who go to bed with itchy bum......wake up with stinky finger!!!

Ian

Comment

I learnt a lot lately Ian about casting smaller weights, you got to be careful with the leadheads, they dont pour like the pirks. I usually have a big pan bubbling and cast a load of pirks together but leadheads dont take much lead ( and you have to be careful not to pour too fast and clog the gate in the mould)

got a load of leadheads ready, just looking for some advice on snoods etc (over to you rich)

]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Working...
              X