A great day out on Ali-Cat spoilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great day out on Ali-Cat spoilt

Away on Ali-Cat yesterday, plenty of nice Ling in double figures, Cod in short supply but those caught were about 6-7ish, Mackerel by the bucket load if you wanted them, took a nice Squid home and pan fried it for tea, tiny bit of chilli flake for 1 minute each side. Stunning!
    Anyway, a party of 4 decided not to show, despite calls from the Skipper and a wait in the Marina for a good 30 minutes. The organizer didn't even have the decency to answer his phone or return the skippers calls
    I have read recently the posts for naming and shaming which are steadily increasing, so I feel the skippers of the North East would be well within their rights to carry out this action.
    How difficult is it to call the Skipper and explain there is a problem and come to some agreement, not hard in my book.
    These people are spoiling it for others, but more so for the skippers.
    I've built up a friendship with the Skipper on Ali-Cat to which no deposit is required, but the time is rapidly approaching when he may have to request this.
    It's their living and livelihoods, do these people who fail to turn up not grasp this?
    Obviously too much drink Saturday night.
    Sorry lads, rant over.
    John S

it dont please me too much either matei gave the lad concerned the reccomendation and dave lumleys number

made me look a right tosser in skippers eyes

unfortunately theres been a lot of it this year in most ports.yup sad as it is deposits the only way forward
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

No blame whatsoever can be levied at yourself Duncan, you were doing what anyone would do.
      Yes, being a decent sort of guy, you will feel responsible, but don't mate, it's not your fault one little bit.
      Just a shame for the others, I think Lee on W/Star had a no show aswell.
      Tight lines mate
      John S

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
        it dont please me too much either matei gave the lad concerned the reccomendation and dave lumleys number

made me look a right tosser in skippers eyes

unfortunately theres been a lot of it this year in most ports.yup sad as it is deposits the only way forward
        Totally not your fault m8 have fished off some canny boats over the years and seen it so many times it just boils ya ****

Comment

Not you're fault Duncan. I remember seeing the post on the locker when he confirmed he had booked the Ali-Cat for Sunday. He also posted the following day that he was booked for the Lone Shark on the Saturday. I wonder if they turned up for that one??? Hopefully the names will be passed between the skippers.
          Tight lines
          Davy

Comment

Originally posted by Blanked again View Post
            Not you're fault Duncan. I remember seeing the post on the locker when he confirmed he had booked the Ali-Cat for Sunday. He also posted the following day that he was booked for the Lone Shark on the Saturday. I wonder if they turned up for that one??? Hopefully the names will be passed between the skippers.
            thanks for that davey,i have looked for it again but cant find
            AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

thanks for that davey,i have looked for it again but cant find
              Check again mate. I have commented on the post so it should of bumped to top
              Tight lines
              Davy

Comment

I don't really understand why skippers are not using paypal to take full payment in advance

There's no real issues as such, as all they need to do is hold onto the payments until the trip goes ahead. If the skipper cancels for whatever reason, he simply refunds the payments-seems pretty simple to me.

Absolute twxts trick booking then not showing up, except in the most unavoidable circumstances, eg: illness, accident, bereavement etc. but even then you contact the skipper to let them know you're not going to show.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddlesac View Post
                  I don't really understand why skippers are not using paypal to take full payment in advance

There's no real issues as such, as all they need to do is hold onto the payments until the trip goes ahead. If the skipper cancels for whatever reason, he simply refunds the payments-seems pretty simple to me.

Absolute twxts trick booking then not showing up, except in the most unavoidable circumstances, eg: illness, accident, bereavement etc. but even then you contact the skipper to let them know you're not going to show.
                  Totally up to the skipper how he runs his business. I cannot understand how that could have spoilt someones day of fishing?!

I rather concentrate on being a genuine customer myself and keep good communication etc, but whether customer xy is not pitching up....

Do you guys also get upset, if the seat next to you in the plane is empty and next morning log onto a forum and complain about it

Comment

Originally posted by Kartonkel View Post
                    Totally up to the skipper how he runs his business. I cannot understand how that could have spoilt someones day of fishing?!

I rather concentrate on being a genuine customer myself and keep good communication etc, but whether customer xy is not pitching up....

Do you guys also get upset, if the seat next to you in the plane is empty and next morning log onto a forum and complain about it

Agree Kartkonkel, in a totally selfish way I would be glad of the extra room!

Not condoning not turning up mind you.
                    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Originally posted by Kartonkel View Post

i think it comes down to cost 4 or 6 guys missing adds up to a hell of a lot of lost revenue/fuel money.

no skipper is going to travel the same amount of miles in a day if his income has been reduced by a half or a third,and its the boats that have been doing the miles thats putting the scores on the doors at the minute
                      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

i think it comes down to cost 4 or 6 guys missing adds up to a hell of a lot of lost revenue/fuel money.

no skipper is going to travel the same amount of miles in a day if his income has been reduced by a half or a third,and its the boats that have been doing the miles thats putting the scores on the doors at the minute
                        Good point Duncan!
                        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Working...
                        X