Transducers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transducers

For Norman mainly . Did you buy the furuno special 22 degrees in - hull transducer or just the normal transom mount , and where did you epoxy it ( Roughly ) . Had any degradation of signal inside the hull ??

Trying to find out if Raymarine do a in-hull for the DS600X

Dave,
    I got the plastic thru hull transducer (fairly cheap I think at about £50 ish) I epoxied it on the level shelf of hull (about level with where the prop shaft emerges) ...... I got three there now, my original eagle (still working) the garmin 240 blue (but there`s a fault with it) and the new furuno .... nee problem fitting it, just build a plastercine ring (test it by putting water in) then when your happy with position and a good signal in water , mix epoxy , fill the ring and push the transducer into it.
    great signal , can look at 200ft and have clear blue color for water and a hard colored echo for bottom ........ come and see it.
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

I remember you posting the pics Norman , very crisp and clear . I\'m a bit loath to drill a 2\" hole in my Hull and don\'t like transom mounts .

Looking at the Furuno 600L or the Raymarine DS600X . Both cheap as chips from the US :P

Comment

Dave you wimp !! hee hee get the hole drilled in it,the rest of my stuff came yesterday ( except unit ) the fairing block that the transducer fits in is huge,could tie it along side the boat and fish from it

Comment

Lol Bob , you\'ve got more bottle than me :P

I\'m up from thurs : onwards on a job , good chance to finnish off my jobs on the boat . Might stay up next weekend and fish if it settles down

Comment

Dave when you come up you wont believe the size of the transducer and fairing block,if i dont get it on straight the drag on it will keep the boat going round in circles ha ha....you at the marina tomorrow Norman ???

Comment

Bob, I looked at the fairings after you said on the raymarine site . Why does it need one and why so big ??????

Comment

Dave, the size and weight of the transducer would have to much drag and cause to much turbulance for it to work ,also it allows the transducer to give cystal clear picture of the sea bed at max speed,no clutter or false echos at least thats what raymarine said....i just think without it the boat would not get on the plane for the drag ha ha, to give you an idea of the transducer size,it wieghs about a kilo,50 mm thick and approx 160 mm long 75 mm wide also oval shaped

Comment

Bob, barrie had a one fitted to his 625, i`ll never forget looking at the lump on the hull and wondering ..........
                  (didn`t get any better of a signal mind) It was always a worry to me that if you catch a rope with it it would snag.

ps , yes should be down sunday (did you get my message writen in snow on saturday)
                  ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                  . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

well it is now a chance i will have to take but time will tell,Dave have cut the 2 holes in the hull today, i checked, double checked,then checked again before the drill went anyway near it,was well pleased when all the holes lined up,will put loads of sikaflex sealant on it though to make doubly sure its water tight

Comment

I noticed that Norman mentioned that I put my Transducer through the Hull and thought I would post a couple of photo\'s so you can see what it was like under the boat. The Sonar was a Furuno 600L with a bronze transducer. I have bought the same Sonar for my new boat but with a plastic transducer. The Bronze transducer needs about a 1\" diameter hole but the plastic needs about a 3\" diamether hole. On my new boat I have done the same as Norman and Silconed it inside the boat. Up to now it works fine, just looks the same as through hull. Anyway have a look at the Pics it should give you an Idea. I got my electonics from Southerns along the Fish Quay and they fitted the transducer.

Comment

Barrie,
                        you need to resize pics down below 50K filesize before posting (LOL good to see you cracked the pic posting first time)
                        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

well after drilling the hull yesterday,and cutting the fairing block to the shape of the hull last night i fitted the whole lot at teatime today with the help of ian s,sealed it that much sikaflex it is now a structural part of the boat....will never leak now!!!!

Comment

Norman Yeah I agree the pics were a bit big, like the fish we are going to catch this season:-) I was just pleased they showed up but will try to resize them when I next upload some.

Comment

Working...
                            X