first trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first trip

thinking about first boat trip anyone know a good boat out of hartlepool and how much i should expect to pay for the trip for me and two mates we are all novices and would need to hire equipment allthough i`m thinking of buying a boat rod wot kind is best round our coast

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by chrismorris]

Unfortunately Chris, Hartlepool is an area which I have NO contacts regarding Charter boats. (With a bit of luck, that may well be changing in the very near future).

If any body has any info on Charters out of Hartlepool, can they please let us know.

I\'d like to be able to cover the Hartlepool area in the \"Charter Boats\" sub forum, the same way I\'ve done for the Tyne, Amble, etc.

Comment

was that a hint mr cutter??? lol lol i will pm you with the charter skippers later on after my tea

Comment

Chris give Gerry Horsfield a ring on 01429 290435, he will sort you out
        Alan

Comment

Lol Bob....\"was that a hint?\"

errm, no (well..... errmm...aye ! )

Comment

I\'ll try and dig those numbers out Tony,to be honest i just forgot.
            Chris if you go to the Headland cafe in Hartlepool you will get some good info on skippers as quite a few of them get in there.Best thing to do might be to turn up one saturday or sunday morning on spec,and ask if there are any places.Like I told Tony I have a few no\'s,it\'s just remembering to post them after I\'ve found them.

Comment

Tony i have e mailed you the details instead,hope they are okay

Comment

Thanks Bob,

Just read your e-mail and replied.

Comment

Chris,
                  I said I may have some details of Hartlepool charters in the \"very near future\".........thanks to Bob, here they are;

Esk Star ................John Hutchinson....07887 500160

Geronimo.................Charlie.................. 07951 225639

Famous...................Davey...................0 7887 516285

Flamer II..................John.....................07730 047616

Bachanalian.............Dereck.................014 29 269984

Evelyn Jane..............Paul Roberts........07790 550112

Gordon Cubbins.......Jerry Horsefield.....01429 290435

Crusader..................John.................... 01429 290325

CRIKEY...What a brilliant service we provide here....lol

They\'re all now listed in the \"HARTLEPOOL\" section of the \"CHARTER BOATS\" sub forum.

[Edited on 4/3/2004 by TC]

Comment

Thanks Tony,just read your email,lets give them a few days to check their dairys then give them a call,to see if there are interested

Comment

Chris, make sure you kit yourself out well clothes wise, fishing advice will come from many quraters I\'m sure! Make sure you\'ve got good waterproofs and enough kit to keep you warm. If you\'ve never sea fished from a boat you will probably be surprised at how physically demanding it is. If you are drifting over wrecks and you want to hit every drift (Advisable) you will find it hard to even pick up a pie. You cannot leave your rod unattended when it\'s at fishing depth. You will be baiting up, sorting out snags / tangles and wrestling huge fish over the side. You expend a lot of energy trying to stay upright. Get as much kit and as many rigs ready to go before you go out as you can. You want to spend as much time over the fish as possible. I follow my own advice regularly and as a result have become known as Ell Blanko.

Comment

Good advice, Ell.

I always think that I\'ve taken TOO much with me BUT you never know how things are gonna turn out.

It\'s amazing just how quickly both the weather and the sea can change when you\'re out there.

I put my \"belt & braces\" regime down to 2 things, really;

1. Born in South Shields - town motto \"Always Ready\"

2. Ex-Boy Scout - motto \"Be Prepared\"

:P

Comment

1. Born in South Shields - town motto \"Always Ready\"
                          well you learn something every day

quite amusing to think what youse lot were ready for?? Hordes of makems screaming over cleadon hill perhaps
                          ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

\"quite amusing to think what youse lot were ready for?? \"

ANYTHING Mark ! Absolutely ANYTHING ...LOL

Comment

wow how quick was that cheers everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X