first trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris
    Welcome to the board mate. Where do you live as if you want will meet up with you and show you what you need and types of rod etc.
    Kind regards
    Jason
    give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Hi chris,

Check that none of the party is prone to sea-sickess and take your tablets , I would have to jack in if not for them . It will really ruin the day .

Comment

Hi Chris, welcome aboard ..
        as ell said previously, fishing over wrecks is not the layback view that non fishers have, ..... it`s a bloody hard day . but worth it if you catch. ..... mind you I think ell`s a bit softy mesel .. we go bareskin in the rain for a good catch (as yer mom always said, you`ll not feel the benefit later if you keep your coat on now) LOL have a good un chris

]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

thanks for the advice yuor a friendly lot you sea anglers allways willing to give your hard earned info to us learners thanks every one
          jason i live in trimdon email me at deee@fsmail.net

Comment

Chris, \"thanks for the advice yuor a friendly lot you sea anglers allways willing to give your hard earned info to us learners......\"

When I started fishing, I knew absolutely NOTHING at all about it.

But for the lads on NESA, I\'d still be in the same boat.....errrmm, so to speak...lol.

I\'d actually NEVER seen a Cod (other than coated in batter) - mind you - I\'ve not seen that many, as others on the Board will testify....lol.

I\'d not even heard of Whiting, Coalfish, Ling, Pollack, Dab, etc.

I had head of Flounder, but didn\'t know it was a flat fish.

As far as WHERE to fish goes, the local marks, gear to use - different rods, reels, lines, hooks - EVERYTHING basically, I owe ALL to the info provided from the lads on NESA.

As regards boat fishing - I\'d never even thought about it. That was because I didn\'t know ANYBODY with a boat and never expeted to....my how that has changed and, again...all down to the lads on here.

So as far as your statement \"thanks for the advice yuor a friendly lot you sea anglers allways willing to give your hard earned info to us learners\".....YOU\'RE DEAD RIGHT !

Comment

I\'ll second that Tony, and Norman you must tell me were you and The Winters got those pasty pink floatation suits from, they didn\'t fit well mind I\'d send em back

Comment

LOL

and remember the same day having to lie rods down cos they were buzzin in the thunderstorms ................... more again this year....
                ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

I remember that day.That was the day people in Teeside died from the storm.

Comment

Thats right rich two guy on a boat of Hartlepool got smashed up. I have never seen a day like that over here (have seen some good tropical storms but nothing in the uk).
                    give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Those of us who were out on boats at the time, all heard the radio conversation between the lifeboat and Humber Coastguard and we all felt VERY lucky that day.
                      It was only hearing the subsequent news reports that we realised just HOW forunate we had all been.

Comment

To be honest i had no idea how much danger we were actually in. Just as well I suppose. A great day for us but not so good for others! It\'s a taker of lives this planet of ours. I saw a statistic on some pap TV show that said angling claims far more lives than any other sport. True but it\'s The Sea / Water that\'s that does the damage.

[Edited on 6/3/2004 by Ell]

Comment

Working...
                        X