Bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait

Hi guys I was out on Sunday, the fishing was fun but fish hard to come by ... I was wondering is peeler crab a bait to use when wrecking ?? We used macky fillets as usual on a hokkai ..... Might be back out on Sunday all advice always welcomed .... Cheers

I tend to vary the bait I put on depending what others on boat or catching on. Think Macky is a decent all rounder and I always take some on board, but always as a preffered bait, use worms, squid tipped lugworm is my favourite combination.

Have heard peeler crab being deadly for catching cod, but the few times I have used it, I have had pretty much the same catch as I would do on rag/lug/squid/macky/bluey.

Have heard that them peanut worms are meant to be good for catching, you get them through Glasgow angling centre, but don't know anyone who has used tried them yet, so cant give an opinion.
    Species List: Cod, Whiting, Coalfish, Mackerel, Eel, Spurdog, Butterfish, Plaice, Poor Cod, Dab, Lamprey (Hag Fish) Ling, Scorpion Fish, Lesser Spotted Dogfish, Thornback Ray, Pollack, Pouting, Flounder, Wrasse.

CONGER AND GURNARD DESPERATLEY WANTED TO BE ADDED!

Comment

Cheers Sean ..... My goal is to catch a ling ... Bashed mackys.... Caught coalies and pollock .....

Comment

Ling should be fine from the boat if you have fresh mackerel ... lots of it in chunks or fillets, use on a flowing trace no other attractor needed just mackerel,
        best time over low water at wrecks past 4 mile ...... but not a must, often caught closer in and at other states of tide.

good luck .....

norm
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

As Norman says close in crab is a good bait and for the less deep wrecks but mainly codling and pouting i find, with mackerel and squid taken a canny few codling and ling on flowing traces with slack tide best.

As for his Sunday you wont be out unless your on HMS Ocean or surfing the water was brown everywhere last weekend even before this sturr up so the next flat day may need to be a long trip off shore for good wrecking or close in with crab n worm baits on the ground
          ................__................................ .............................
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Thanks Richy .... Just heard the trips been called off for Sunday ... Might get away next Sunday .....seems ironic that boat and shore anglers want different weather ....even though the fishing was poor last week couldn't stop smiling .....

Comment

Working...
            X