Stainless steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless steel

I\'m after some stainless steel work done, can anyone recommend anybody to do it.

I need a couple of grab rails made and also a thing to go on the roof to fit the GPS, radar reflector and aerial to ( dont know the proper name for it ) looks like one half of a roof rack if you know what i mean.

Cheers lads,

Marc

hi mark,

try jeff at

www.craysidemarine.co.uk

he has a guy who makes all things stainless

helpful man is jeff

les

[Edited on 13/3/2004 by Les]

Comment

Cheers Les, I\'ve got to send him a template down and he recons he can turn one around within a week to ten days. Not bad.

Comment

Marc, you going to use it to hang your washing on to dry,while the boat is on your drive?? or is this second part of the cunning plan ??

Comment

Was at a new unit today,will make anything you want in stainless.I specially mentioned handrails and he was allready doing some for a customer.The company is called Fabcon and the address is 10 brooklands Way ,Boldon,near the Mill car clinic.Mr Hamilton is the man to speak to.He seems to be just starting up as they were still fitting out in the unit.
          white van man

Comment

hi marc here\'s another option for you take a look at this site they sell 316 grade stainless steel rail and fittings www.marine-hardware.co.uk for people to design and make their own a-frames
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Homer, a nice little site that is, Not sure whether to buy the gear and have a go at making my own or try the place Rod mentioned.

Can stainless steel tubing be bent/shaped using a pipe bender, Bobbly???.

Cheers Lads.

Comment

Marc,

You can bend s/s with a bender the size you are talking about ( 22mm?)

Comment

It is Dave, I\'ve got a plumbers 15mm / 22mm hand pipe bender. It would be cheaper than buying one, Been quoted £200 to £240 for a \'made\' one, but fancy having a go of it myself from the bits bought from the site Homer posted.

Comment

Working...
                  X