FAO Norman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Norman

What will it take to sort out the comp. this year mate ,I know it's too late for the charters but how about private boats and the chance of members filling a few spaces there ,at least we'll still have a bit of a comp. until we get something sorted for next year ,any thoughts?
    You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Maybe steve, A private comp is easy to sort I`m sure we could arrange it a few days before , if we decide to do that.

Haven`t heard from any of the charter skippers so not sure what they are doing (whether already filled or not etc.)but I suspect the boats in question may well have left space on the understanding it may well be on again.
    ps if any charter skips are looking in , let us know if there is still a chance of comp ....

It wouldn`t take too much to sort the comp we just need someone to lead the sorting of boats and fees etc, the rest is straight forward

so if anyone wants to take it up ............. please answer here .

Last edited by Norman; 02-05-2007, 06:46 PM.
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

I can ring them tomorrow, but have hesitated due to the pretty much total abscence of interest!

looked like about half a dozen people would want to take part

Only way I can see it working with the charter boats is if they already have full crews sorted for the day. I doubt very much that we could fill them otherwise.

If memory serves, we are talking Sarah JFK (and maybe Sarah), Diablo, Mistress, Spellbinder and was it talisman??

as for the rest of us... that'd be The Boys, Shady, Slinky Kate, Kingfisher, and err... me anyone else I've missed??

plus the RQ management and the Zetland as well
      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Aye mark thats right, JFK and Sarah should bring their own competitors anyway, thats just a job of sorting registration on the day, I think Matt at marina is fine to host and supply the trophies again as it was listed in the marina newsletter.

Best way to get it off the ground (after a quick check on skippers and boat availability that is) would be a meet up in say the Zetland one night.

But like steve suggests, I think if all else fails then we should hold a small boat comp in any case, just for fun and maybe a little prize ot two. . . . . (oh thats the other hard part of a big comp getting prizes .... anyone any ideas?)
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Cap in hand to the tackle shops time!!

will ring around tomorrow and see what the appetite is among the skippers..

Assuming the JFK and Sarah have a crew already, thats 10 for diablo, and 12 each for mistress and spellbinder = 34, unless they already have folks booked for the day (whats the date again!)

sticky a thread on here for names maybe... give it a deadline. Still worried about interest
          ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

yeah mark, A deadline sounds good .... fairly early so the skippers can be stood down to find their own fares etc. well done mate.
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

I'll see Brian at Frasers for a prize as usual.
              You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Count me in (Eyes 2) also i'll have a word with john who has Mel-Amy he'll more than likely enter.
                Adam

Comment

Brian is always at the W/Bay shop now, not seem him in the Gateshead one for months.

If you see him,tell him to order them hooks for me i asked for

If you lads having a comp i will fish and help out on the day if required.
                  ................__................................ .............................
                  ____[ ~ \_____
                  [__On-A-Roll__/
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  P.B
                  SKATE 204lb
                  COD 51lb
                  LING 32lb
                  TOPE 40lb
                  CONGER 25lb
                  HADDOCK 10lb
                  HALIBUT 37lb
                  COALIE 16lb