Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed

i am fishing the boat comp on monday and the only time i been boat fishing is for tuna and sailfish.

I got a 30lb-50lb rod is this suitable, will my penn 535 with 30lb line on be okay for the fishing , i got daylight, hokki, pirks and 10oz and 12oz leads (Will i need heavier weight) but the question is how many set will i need for the days fishing,

sorry about all the question but am going to starting boat fishing this year

thanks in advance

Rod & Reel should be ok, the 30lb line might be a bitl light for fishing wrecks.

As for how many sets of gear, I'm probs not the best person to advise on that, I need a crane to lift my gear on the boat
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

take as much as you can carry .nacked up one trip by not having enogh gear , lost the lot borrowed some lost that and wouldnt dare ask for more . last wreak of the day the other 2 lads on the boat hit 15 to 20 lb fish every drop i got nowt .

Comment

I'm sure the other lads on the boat on the day will be glad to give you a few pointers if you need them, but take a bit of everything, 10/12oz leads will be fine, and a few pirks as well won't do any harm, If Kieth's the last person to ask how much gear to take, I'm probably the second last person to ask! but I'd not be going out without at least a dozen leads and a few pirks, so I guess you'll need at least that many rigs/traces or whatever to tie em too!
        ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Some good advice there mb and I'll be glad to lend a hand on the day

I'm gonna fish with lighter tackle this season and if there's fish about I'll be trying long traces with shads and eels.
          Regards, Graham

Comment

thanks for the respone lads,

Comment

Working...
            X