seagull outboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seagull outboard

Hiya Just bought a seagull 5hp outboard seen it working when i bought it learnt how to start it got it home and forgot how to start it. I know the obvious by pulling the cord but is there something else i need to do before hand

cheers

turn the petrol on!! open the throttle! the choke is a little plastic 'door' that swings over the air inlet (or should be). once it fires take the chocke off and nock the revs back. closing the throttle stops em. Superb motors. will last for ever if it a good un. what model is it??
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

cheers mark not quiet sure about the model but def got that plastic choke will let u know what type it is when i find out.

Gordon

Comment

has it got a clutch?? and forward and reverse gears?? that will narrow it down a bit. there's a number stamped on the block, from that you can get the model, and year number
        ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Turn on petrol

Loosen the screw in the petrol cap to let the petrol run through

at the bottom side of the carb bowl is a little spring loaded button! Press this up into the carb and hold till petrol starts to flow out!!!

Close the choke ONLY if it is stored in a cold environment!!!

If it is stored indoors try opening the throttle and pulling the start cord as MINE will start without a choke if stored indoors.

If it won't start of course try with the choke closed but if you follow the above it SHOULD start without issue!

Hope this helps

Zeb

Comment

Working...
          X