Recommendationf for fishing the Amble area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendationf for fishing the Amble area

Going out fishing from Amble next week, think the boat is Upholder.

Can anyone recommend bait and tactics for that area, either rough ground or wreck fishing. Will be ringing the skipper on Tues but thought I would ask here first.

regards

stu

green hokkais seem to be working at the moment out on saturday, did ok most are also tipping with some bait.

Comment

cheers ron. Do you recommend a pirk on the end or just a lead. I've only got 6oz beach leads. Do you recommend something heavier than that?

regards

Stu

Comment

I wouldn't bother with pirks if you are fishing the hard ground inshore, but deffo worth a go over the wrecks.

You'll need heavier leads than 6oz for the boat or you'll getting tangled with the other anglers every drop.

Take some small daylites to catch mackeral for fresh bait as well.
        Last edited by KeithB; 27-05-2007, 06:26 PM.
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

thanks keith, what weight of weight would you recommend?!

stu

Comment

Hi stuey
            As Keith said, heavier weights, probs around 12oz. Daylites are doing ok at tyne with the advantage they also catch mackerel for bait.

good luck mate
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

I use 10oz leads on a 20lb class rod, but anything up to 16oz for 30lb rods.
              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

thanks chaps. Got a 20lb class outfit with braide so will get a range of 10 and 12oz wit a few heavier leads.

cheers

stu

Comment

Working...
                X