Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my boat

this is my ship,

she is a 15-1/2 foot shetland cadet fitted with compass, fish finder, vhf, and gps. powered by a forty horse power mariner outboard. my moorings are in sunderland marina, so we fish mainly the inshore wrecks and reefs around sunderland. two people fishing is comfortable three can be a bit of a squeeze. in a boat this size you have to be certain of the weather, not worth risking your life for a fish is it? i\'ll keep you all updated on what we catch. can\'t get out today so i\'m off to clean her up a bit, nothing worse than mussel and lug stuck all over the deck.
    see ya later

[Edited on 20/3/2004 by mark]
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Nice lookin boat m8, you missed the .jpg off the end of your links so all that is showing is a red cross.
    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Nice to have you aboard Homer . We are all tied up at the moment with the weather

Keith,

All I can see is the cross , how can you see the photo then ????

Comment

Right click over the cross, then click on properites, then copy paste link into your browser and add the .jpg to the end OR just click here lol :

http://nesa.cibs.org.uk/my%20boat%201.jpg

http://nesa.cibs.org.uk/my%20boat%203.jpg

I couldn\'t see the top pic.

Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Forgot to say, I think those pics might be a wee bit too big for the forum, I\'m sure TC or Mark will advise, next visit.

[Edited on 20/3/2004 by KeithB]
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Keith ,

I\'m trying to post some 680 x480 72dpi photo\'s and the uploader will not have it . Any ideas ( same prob ian had I think )

Comment

Dave, I use a free proggie called Irfanview to resize the pics, all i can think of is to try making them smaller. Mail them over to me if you like, I\'m just sitting here listening to the football
              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Keith ,

I\'m trying to post some 680 x480 72dpi photo\'s and the uploader will not have it . Any ideas ( same prob ian had I think )
                hmmnn, just checked and it seems to work ok at this end. I took all the size restrictions out again so that shouldn\'t cause a problem. The bot pics are over 4ook and theys eem to have gone up ok.

Since I lashed the uploader to gether I\'ve been promising to add a few bells and whistles, but not had the time. Bit of a gap in work coming up so I\'ve started with a new version which will automatically resize the pics when they upload, and possibly allow multiple uploads at once - ie choose 5 files instead of one at a time.

Common problems I\'ve noticed with some of the files that have gone up is the use of spaces in filenames. Web servers and browsers a bit stupid really and don\'t understand dilenames with spaces, thats wy when you link back to it you end up with %20 where the space was. Some systems can cope with it others struggle, so if you don\'t put the spaces in it might iron out one or two issues. One or 2 files I\'ve noticed up theres have there extension missing ie no .jpg at then end. Again browsers are a bit thick and if you don\'t have the file extension they don\'t kno what to do!

Hopefully the new version will iron out some of these issues. One thing if I stick all those features in, one additional thing that would be easy to add on, if theres any appetite for it, is a complete gallery of everything that has been uploaded, in case you get really bored and just want to have a laugh at othere folks\' piccies!

watch this space
                ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Dave - what files are you having problems with??

I can see some stuff up there which might be yours.

Thought for the day:
                  Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

Dave - what files are you having problems with??

I can see some stuff up there which might be yours.

Thought for the day:

Comment

howay Mark, give us a gallery

Waht the hells happened to the size of me screen

Comment

Mark,

I tried to post some pics this afternoon of size 640 x 480 72dpi and it just told me it was too big

Keith posted them for me .

Any advance on the chat room problem m8 ????????

Comment

mark, is it possible to include an auto sizer to nesa cibs ? would help those who are not sure of file sizes.

cheers
                          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

thanx for sorting my photo\'s mark, this is the first time iv\'e tried to put photo\'s on to a web site, i\'ll have to get my mate marty to help me next time.
                            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

My boat is a 26 footer clinker built covered over with fibre glass has a wee cabin nice and sturdy can\'t show a photo as I don\'t know how,will get there one day.We had a terrible weekend with the boats the wind created havoc. Two boats broke there moorings one of them is holed, made a bit of a mess with mine but luckily it has not been in for her annual scrub up and paint job. roll on the spring run :P :P
                              May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X