Alas Fladen Maxximus I knew him Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alas Fladen Maxximus I knew him Well

Does anyone know if Fladden have stopped producing the red solid carbon maxximus boat rod? I cant find hide nor hair of one! Oh and I know there is still 21 days to go but here's wishing you all a very happy Xmas and a very fishy new year. All the best

Reds out this Xmas ! The black ones are in and Mr Ashley is doing a canny deal !
    Cheers Bert

Comment

cheers Bert just wondered if they had stopped making them altogether. Hopefully see ya Friday

Comment

We have always used the black full carbon ones and I only smash a few a year so there great quality ! And take some stick .. see ya Friday night hick hick
        Cheers Bert

Comment

Did you get your butt plug out ? Err I mean sump plug ?
          Cheers Bert

Comment

Yeah sump plug out we had to take the sump off and then weld a nut to the orginal just gota get the engine fitted now

Comment

Got my eye on the blue one from Agent Ashley's, £105, think they have better quality eyes.
              Cheers, Keith.

Comment

aye keith the orange & blue ones have fuji alconite rings on,the original rings on the grey maxximus last a season an a half if ya lucky.
                just had a new maxximus grey stripped & rebuilt with the low rider & single leg alconites by stan (fish fingers) looks the biz.

Comment

Do you mind me asking what that cost?
                  Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                    Do you mind me asking what that cost?
                    keith
                    maxximus grey was £60 new (ebay)
                    alconite rings £32
                    rod rewhipped £30
                    basically the same price as the blue & orange but I have got them both in the 40 lb class and wanted a 20 - 60 lb rod with a decent set of rings.
                    "why not just buy the 20 - 60 orange" I hear you shout,well had one of them aswell and even though its 7' ft lts a hell of a lot stiffer than the grey 6ft 6inch.
                    sorry for the long winded answer but I hope it helps.
                    Last edited by splishspash; 08-12-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Cheers mate, I've got a few of the grey ones in various sizes, the rings aren't the best but Uncle Jim just keeps replacing them for us as they go.

Might as well ask Santa for a blue or orange one.
                      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Working...
                      X