NE Marinas after storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NE Marinas after storm

How did all our marinas fair after that water surge? the quay side was a right mess, never seen it that high before in my life time.

I had hoped to of got down and taken some pic's of our coast line yesterday but work got me and it was dark before i got away.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
    How did all our marinas fair after that water surge? the quay side was a right mess, never seen it that high before in my life time.

I had hoped to of got down and taken some pic's of our coast line yesterday but work got me and it was dark before i got away.
    the poles for the floating pontoons in seaham harbour had about 12" of travel left when I was down this morning - could of been a disaster tbh .

Comment

Dont know what time you were down seaham mate but the top gates where shut till 8 45 and the pontoon poles had at least 7ft to spare, i was down first thing and was there all day.

Comment

Whitby had it bad ive lived here all my life nd never seen it as bad on a n.w. that was took 2 hours before high water ....... MONSTER SEA for whitby thank god it wernt a straight northern gale otherwise town would of been in a worse state than it was

Comment

Not a mariner but the Port of Sunderland suffered a bit with the highest tide recorded in 60 years (perhaps more)

Water was a bit over a meter higher than predicted so rather than a high spring tide of 5.5m is was 6.7m (or there about.. could get more official figures next week).

The dock gates were shut and the water was over a meter above them.
          Dry dock started to flood as the water was lapping over the top.

Plenty of places along the wear flooded as you could guess too.

The tide early this morning was quite a bit above prediction as well but nothing like the one in the afternoon, made shutting the dock gates fun when you can't see the gates!

Comment

Email from the RQ marina included a few photo's. The water flooded over the top of the lock gates but they had planned ahead and dropped the level of the water in the marina to accomodate the inflow without incident. Well done to them.

Comment

Working...
            X