End of a chapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of a chapter

Well after many happy years with my boat Stingray it has been up for sale since the end of September and the asking price was met and the boat sold yesterday.

A sad day to see her go but a new chapter as i start the long search for a new bigger,faster boat with more comforts.....i wont be rushing into a new boat and happy to wait for the right one even if that means missing some or all of 2014 season.

Good luck to everyone in 2014, as i may not see you out there this time.
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Good luck in your search Richie , I`m sure we will see you out there soon
    Cheers Bert

Comment

Aye Rich good luck mate, I'm sure it'll pop its bows up soon .....

norm
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Thought you'd already found the new boat when I saw you asking about boat stickers. Good Luck with the search, you got anything in particular in mind?
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Nice 1 Richy - hope you get sorted soon for the 2014 season
          http://jemnessgsd.homestead.com/home.html

Weapons of Choice

A Fishing Rod
          A Reel
          Hook, Line, Sinker
          Some Bait

Comment

Isn't the old JFK up for sale ? Lol.
            Good luck mate...
            GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

I have a host of models i am looking at but not a great on the net at the moment better/younger than what i had.

Chomping at the bit to get a new one but must make sure its the right one as plan to keep it many years.
              ................__................................ .............................
              ____[ ~ \_____
              [__On-A-Roll__/
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              P.B
              SKATE 204lb
              COD 51lb
              LING 32lb
              TOPE 40lb
              CONGER 25lb
              HADDOCK 10lb
              HALIBUT 37lb
              COALIE 16lb
              BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Bye Bye Stingray

I knew the day would arrive at some point and now that it has I feel rather emotional and sad to be saying Bye Bye to the little lady who has given me many happy days fishing. So after 5 or is it 6 seasons its a fond farewell, Bonn Voyage and I hope your new owner treats and looks after you as good as Richy.
                Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

Originally posted by big sid View Post
                  I knew the day would arrive at some point and now that it has I feel rather emotional and sad to be saying Bye Bye to the little lady who has given me many happy days fishing. So after 5 or is it 6 seasons its a fond farewell, Bonn Voyage and I hope your new owner treats and looks after you as good as Richy.
                  send your branded stingray clothing with her, at extra cost though.
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by hulme6612 View Post
                    send your branded stingray clothing with her, at extra cost though.
                    Boats heading South they don't need warm clothing down there .
                    Other options are to un-pick the stitching or permanent black marker pen.
                    Or!
                    I'll carry on wearing it with pride.
                    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

Comment

I sometimes wonder what would be the ideal fishing boat for a Northeast Wreck-angler

1. Size: I reckon an 18footer does the job considering the marina fees. We hardly ever are more than 3 anglers and also unlikely to get out in heavy seas or way offshore

2. Speed: I personally think, I would need a top-speed of over 18 knots to react to weather changes . I also would not want to need an hour to reach a 6 mile wreck

3. Outboard vs Inboard: As much as I hate carrying petrol down to the boat, I dont think inboards or diesels are viable for 18ft boats---too heavy. The solution seems to be a lightweight 60 HP+ new generation 2-stroke (e.g ETEC or Merc optimax) or 4 stroke

4. Marina Pontoon/Marina chain/ Open chain / Trailer: I would say pontoon, but I guess its down to money

5. Sunderland/North Shields:

NS: Great Marina, but the distance to the open sea is quite far. 5 miles return

Sun: Marina a bit shabby and for that quite expensive, but its 24hrs access to sea and also very close to the pier head

Comment

Pleased you got her sold Rich. Good luck with any new venture you decide upon, and merry Christmas to you.
                        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Great news Richy

So now the search begins, whats on the list is it purely inboard or are you considering outboard?

Sean
                          The beautifull South

Comment

I am more for an inboard engine as thats what i have always had or been on but you cant rule out an outboard with the threat of full tax on red and improved MPG for petrol engines.

I dont have any experiance in servicing, driving, setting up drifts etc with outboards so at the moment they are not being looked at....that said not much out there at the moment the correct age, price and feaures i am looking for.

Most boats on the net seem to be 2000-2005 in age and i want one no older than 2008...Stingray was 2001 and looked almost as good as she would of done at ages 1 but the feeling something bigger, better, faster, newer needs to be met.

I will be driving Stingray for the last time onto the sling this week and away down to Sandbanks to start her life in a warmer area..spoke to the lad this morning, he was complaining how cold it was in Sandbanks, i said i had been down the boat today and it was 1.5c, he said it was 9 there and so cold ha. lucky sod.
                            ____[ ~ \_____
                            [__On-A-Roll__/
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                            P.B
                            SKATE 204lb
                            COD 51lb
                            LING 32lb
                            TOPE 40lb
                            CONGER 25lb
                            HADDOCK 10lb
                            HALIBUT 37lb
                            COALIE 16lb
                            BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

New Boat

Good luck finding a new boat Richie,lots of spare time to try a bit pike fishing.

Comment

Working...
                              X