Launch and recover, good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch and recover, good idea?

Holidaymaker watches his brand new Land Rover sink into the sea after he reversed his boat into the water | Mail Online

Oh dear.

haha love it!!!!! even has the tow rope on his bonnet, why on earth did he not unhitch trailer and use rope atleast then hed be higher up beach and not bogging down in soft silt.
    I can write this due to me learning hard way and coming very close to this myself with tide pushing in

Comment

Brand new??? It looks like a 59 plate to me, just about scrap age for a freelander probably and insurance con!

On a more serious note, that boat looks pretty big to be launching on a muddy beach with a freelander , I don't think I'd be trying it .

Comment

Originally posted by Gramas View Post
        haha love it!!!!! even has the tow rope on his bonnet, why on earth did he not unhitch trailer and use rope atleast then hed be higher up beach and not bogging down in soft silt.
        I can write this due to me learning hard way and coming very close to this myself with tide pushing in
        Happened to us graham. Not to that extreme, but could of been if not for tynemouth volunteers. What a great bunch by the way. As you say learn by mistakes pal, and we did.

Comment

Originally posted by oldessox View Post
          Brand new??? It looks like a 59 plate to me, just about scrap age for a freelander probably and insurance con!

On a more serious note, that boat looks pretty big to be launching on a muddy beach with a freelander , I don't think I'd be trying it .
          The report is dated August 2008.
          2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

I think it's the best place for it....

The boat looks canny tho....

On a serious note, imagine the crack in the showroom.....

Of course it's reliable.....

It'll pull that boat no problem....

There the best on the market right now...

Sand...are you kidding..this will get through anything..

Yep.... no wonder he left it...

Comment

I've come close my self on a couple of slipways.

The slip at Girvan is so steep just seeing your car at the angle gives me the hebie gebies.

The smell of a burning clutch never helps.

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
                The report is dated August 2008.
                58 plate , even worse

Comment

Hey! don't slate the Landrover, they're very good on fuel. I could go on a run of 30 miles and back and only use 1 gallon of fuel...........mind, coming back regularly on the back of a breakdown truck might have helped.
                  P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Working...
                  X