Outboard wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outboard wanted

Looking for a reliable outboard (40-50) does any one have any contacts I could try?

How much are you wanting to spend, 2 or 4 stroke...

Comment

I have a budget of £1200 and have seen some on Ebay but all down south.Would prefer electric start and four stroke but for the budget I've got probs two stroke?

Comment

Try, Boats and Outboards, Find a fishing boat etc, at this time of year you never know what will turn up, but i think 40-50HP 4 stroke is a long shot for that amount.....but you never know..

Comment

Thanks for the info bud.

Comment

N0 probs, i'll keep my ears open down the marina, and i'm sure the ldas on here will as well..

Comment

Give Glasgow & Clyde outboards a call, service is top notch and bend over backwards to help!
              I was after an Aux for the rib 4 or 5 hp but wanted 4 stroke, they basically said if you will wait we have x2 5hp 4stroke Hondas that we can make a decent reliable engine from!! they did and for £295. these 5hp Honda's normally are 5 to £600 mark and shipped it at good cost safely.
              worth a call see what they have

Comment

Thanks Gramas

Comment

check this out mate , older engine but in your price range
                  Used Outboards Outboards, Outboard Motor for Sale, Outboard Engine for Sale, Used Outboard Engines for Sale

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Boy View Post
                    Looking for a reliable outboard (40-50) does any one have any contacts I could try?
                    I have an old 50hp evinrude which I took in a part ex type of thing,,its electric start all controls are with it,,I have ran it up and it seems to be fine,,have never used this outboard on a boat so don't really know much about it other than it starts and ticks over no problem,,give is a shout if ya interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Boy View Post
                      I am upgrading my current outboard at the end of the month

I wanted to put the old one on EBAY, but if it suits your purposes send me a pm.

Its a 55 HP Mariner/Yamaha 2 stroke. Served me well all year on over 50 fishing trips usually to 6-7 nautical miles wrecks. Pushes a 18ft Shetland to 23knots. Electric start. You can see and test it running on my boat.

I am upgrading to a new-ish Evinrude ETec 60

Comment

Thanks for all the replys lads Iv'e sent a couple of PM's

Comment

Originally posted by Kartonkel View Post
                          I am upgrading my current outboard at the end of the month

I wanted to put the old one on EBAY, but if it suits your purposes send me a pm.

Its a 55 HP Mariner/Yamaha 2 stroke. Served me well all year on over 50 fishing trips usually to 6-7 nautical miles wrecks. Pushes a 18ft Shetland to 23knots. Electric start. You can see and test it running on my boat.

I am upgrading to a new-ish Evinrude ETec 60
                          You will love the ETEC i have one and it sips fuel, Make sure you have it set for the XD100 two stroke oil as it will use hardly anything and it works out a lot cheaper in the long run.

Sean
                          The beautifull South

Comment

Working...
                          X