Spoiling your boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiling your boat

If you could choose two items to have on your boat that you dont yet have what would you get? must cost no more than £500 each.

You can tell its the winter and we are all bored
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
    If you could choose two items to have on your boat that you dont yet have what would you get? must cost no more than £500 each.

You can tell its the winter and we are all bored
    Why only £500 each?

Sean
    The beautifull South

Comment

No reason just thought i have to put a limit on it or we may end up with, nuke powered engine with a life time of running engine etc.
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Goblin Teasmaid perhaps !!!!!!

Comment

I like the boat toys that I have already, so I’ll just ask for a few decent sized fish to be delivered over the coming season that’s what I’m missing.
          For a new boat already kitted out with the basics and back-ups, I’d add a life raft, EPIRBs, upgraded electrics and batteries, wire in a sound system for mp3s and the VHF, then save up for radar.

After that come the novelty toys that I doubt I’d use much possibly an AIS transponder and a big cool-box or fridge and a side-scan system.

How’s the survey going?

Comment

id have feebie from friends but think i may be pushing it a bit lol
            did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

An extra 12 inches..

Comment

I always wanted 2good captains chairs fixed to the deck for relaxing fishing..

And I saw the demo for side scan sonar at the boat show the other year, I sooooo much wanted one...

That's my 500 gone.....

Comment

I think I'd have a life raft and epirbs , I'd like a sound system as well , and a fridge ,which would need another battery as I'm loathe to run anything other than the motor and nav equipment from the boat battery , this of course would mean a complicated switching system to get the aux battery charged, which I'm not about to get involved in as I'd surely mess it up and end up 6 miles off with no power
                  I got a dock for my iPod that runs off Duracell batteries for Xmas , that'll have to do , I'll just have to remember to take a pocketful of batteries

Comment

A 4hp 4 stroke aux engine and a new boat cover for me.....i'm easily pleased..

Comment

I may have a 5 bhp Merc 4 stroke engine with less than 2hrs on it for sale, it came off Stingray and unsure how effective it will be on a new boat.
                      ____[ ~ \_____
                      [__On-A-Roll__/
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                      P.B
                      SKATE 204lb
                      COD 51lb
                      LING 32lb
                      TOPE 40lb
                      CONGER 25lb
                      HADDOCK 10lb
                      HALIBUT 37lb
                      COALIE 16lb
                      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

I'd have a filleting machine and a freezer
                        P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Some would say a toilet, many would say a fridge but I recall when my deckwash clapped out, I had to have a new one immediately. You'll certainly get change from £500 and once you've been used to one you'll never want to be without it.
                          Invaluable during the Mackerel season, essential when filliting at sea and during the journey home the lads will have the boat cleaned down.

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
                            I may have a 5 bhp Merc 4 stroke engine with less than 2hrs on it for sale, it came off Stingray and unsure how effective it will be on a new boat.
                            If its no good for the new boat i may be interested in it, is it a long or short shaft Richie..

Comment

My new toys this year are new Ego Crew fit life jackets PLB'S and also an Epirb.

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                              If its no good for the new boat i may be interested in it, is it a long or short shaft Richie..
                              Long shaft is what you need same as your main Engine and it will be the same weight as the 4hp as the 4,5 and 6's are all the same engine.

I have a 6hp and it gives me about 6 to 7 knots which in any sort of weather will give me a headway and steerage.

Sean
                              The beautifull South

Comment

Working...
                              X