Saturday Weather opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Weather opinions

Well at this time of year i am often happy to not be looking at the many weather sites at least twice a day gathering as much info as i can to plan a boating trip but i have been sat checking the weather sites out the last two days.

Whats everyones opinions of this Saturday then at sea? winds seem WSW between 14-21mph but MSW is showing 4ft swell....if everyone is as bored a si am at the moment am sure this will fill in a few mins
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Had me baffled as well...4ft swell and westerlies

Hope it doesnt happen, i want the boat in at the weekend...

Comment

I know its got me thats why i am asking, 3 days of WSW winds and a 4ft swell within 2miles off shore??? cant understand that one
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Bored? You’re right, or worse still, finding things to do while putting of doing stuff I don’t want to.
        The Met office’s synoptic charts only show up to mid-day on Friday when the will be strong breezy south-westerlys. The weather waiting over the Atlantic shows the wind will ease and be mostly westerly. But, there is an occluded front putting a kink in the wind direction so there will be a few hours of stronger southerly winds particularly to the south of us. This will send a small swell up the coast on Friday night and early on Saturday morning.

That forecast relies on the synoptic charts correctly predicting conditions towards the end of the week, which has a low probability of being right this far in advance. I wouldn’t want to rely on it when deciding to move a new boat from down south to its new home in the RQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1n View Post
          That forecast relies on the synoptic charts correctly predicting conditions towards the end of the week, which has a low probability of being right this far in advance. I wouldn’t want to rely on it when deciding to move a new boat from down south to its new home in the RQ.

How about paying £360 for a crane hire and then driving the boat up the east coast home and having to rely on the weather sites ha...have to make a decide by 9am Wedensday morning to hire the crane etc....ow booogggerrr
          ____[ ~ \_____
          [__On-A-Roll__/
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
          P.B
          SKATE 204lb
          COD 51lb
          LING 32lb
          TOPE 40lb
          CONGER 25lb
          HADDOCK 10lb
          HALIBUT 37lb
          COALIE 16lb
          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Exciting times Richy. I’d be waiting until the charts are updated at 07:30 on the morning, before deciding. Good luck either way.

Comment

go by road rich ..... at least you can park up if you have to before dropping in ...... costly but safe ..... ( and no fueling up every 100 mile)

good luck mate

norm
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
              ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

No go AGAIN
                ____[ ~ \_____
                [__On-A-Roll__/
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                P.B
                SKATE 204lb
                COD 51lb
                LING 32lb
                TOPE 40lb
                CONGER 25lb
                HADDOCK 10lb
                HALIBUT 37lb
                COALIE 16lb
                BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
                  No go AGAIN
                  just wondering where you're bringing the boat from, if it's allready been mentioned i've missed it?
                  any southerly motion is quick to drop away off sunderland.

Comment

Humberside
                    ____[ ~ \_____
                    [__On-A-Roll__/
                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    P.B
                    SKATE 204lb
                    COD 51lb
                    LING 32lb
                    TOPE 40lb
                    CONGER 25lb
                    HADDOCK 10lb
                    HALIBUT 37lb
                    COALIE 16lb
                    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
                      Humberside
                      ah right, canny steam, i can see why you would want perfect conditions, good luck with it.

Comment

Richy Brid bay will be lumpy and to get around the binks you go past the south east checker bouy and it will be lumpy there as there is no shelter and its at times in places only 20' deep, then to cross brid bay will be lumpy as the cliffs dont start giving any decent shelter till you start get north of withernsea. even then you would want to cut across the bay and try and stay in deeper water for the possibility of more calm water

Sean
                        The beautifull South

Comment

Cheers

Just need the weather to be right and soon
                          ____[ ~ \_____
                          [__On-A-Roll__/
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                          P.B
                          SKATE 204lb
                          COD 51lb
                          LING 32lb
                          TOPE 40lb
                          CONGER 25lb
                          HADDOCK 10lb
                          HALIBUT 37lb
                          COALIE 16lb
                          BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

We all like to venture well off during the summer months and sometimes we can rack up over 40 miles in a session. However, we have confidence in our engines because we know our oil and filters are replaced on a regular basis and all essential maintenance has been undertaken. Regarding the "new" boat, you cannot gain a high level of confidence from a short sea trial and you are relying upon the sellers word that the engine and steering gear etc is up to scratch. The uncertainty surrounding the weather is bad enough but there's no way you should attempt to steam from Humberside in an unproven vessel. Have it delivered by road, it may work out a tad dearer but it's quicker and safer.

Comment

You got a new boat ;D
                              Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Working...
                              X