Kayak Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Competition

There is to be a two day kayak angling competition on Saturday and Sunday 25th., and 26 th., of July at Blyth. First prize on Sunday a new kayak donated by North East Kayaks and Paddles, Amble. There will also be an excellent prize list. This will be a heaviest fish competition.
    Fishing each day 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Entry £10 all classes. More details later.

down on my list Sam
    Alan

Comment

Dates are wrong should be Sat 26th and Sun 27th.
      Enjoyed last years comp and what a turnout. It's surprising how many people in the NE are now taking up the sport. The comp can only get bigger and better.
      Everyone had a great weekend.

Comment

Great comp last year only spoilt by the wind but a great turnout nevertheless.
        Got this one marked on the calendar!
        Plenty people doing it local now and hopefully plenty people travelling.
        Just add water!

Comment

Looking forward to it, hope the weathers kinder than last year

Comment

And the fish turn up this time
            P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

KayaK COMP.

Yes, my mistake, 26th. and 27th. My excuse is I'm 81 you know. and old age does terrible things to the mind. Now, what the hell did I come into the toilet for?.

Comment

Can any one say for certain that this is still going ahead either the two days or the one ?
                Never heard anything else mentioned!!
                Just add water!

Comment

The last i read was it was only on one day that being the the sunday but not read any more its not on any other web sites so i think it has been scraped shame thow hope iam wrong cos i was looking forward to bumping into someone there

Comment

as far as I know it has been changed to a one day event Sunday 27th and as far as I know it hasn't been cancelled
                    Alan

Comment

Cheers Alan.
                      Surprised At the lack of publicity
                      Just add water!

Comment

Hi
                        Just spoke to Sam and this comp is going ahead

The Open Kayak Angling Competition, which is being held in July at Blyth, has been changed from a two-day event to a one-day event, on Sunday 27 July. First prize for the heaviest single fish is a brand new kayak, donated by North East Kayaks & Paddles, Amble. There will also be an excellent supporting prize list. The event is open to any kayak or canoe and entry is £10 per person. This is a Heaviest Single Fish competition and fishing is from 10am to 3pm. Competitors may launch at Whitley Bay, Blyth or Newbiggin, but must register from 8.30am at Blyth. Competitors can use two rods – one for artificials and the other for baits. All craft will be inspected for safety equipment and will not be permitted to leave the beach until after a safety talk has been given. Safety boats will be in attendance during the event. Further details will be given nearer the date, but you can also telephone me on 01915 184561 or email samharris01@aol.com if you have any questions.
                        Just add water!

Comment

in papers this weekend, did put some in a while back but that was when it was still a two day event
                          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
                            in papers this weekend, did put some in a while back but that was when it was still a two day event
                            Should have a good turn out Alan, lots of people doing it now
                            Just add water!

Comment

Kayak Comp.

Sorry for the lack of publicity gentlemen. I've had health and transport problems. I've written off two cars in four months and am no longer driving, well I am 82 this year. I'm having a needle stuck in my right eye every month and it bloody hurts.
                              Tight lines in the kayak competition lads.

Comment

Working...
                              X