Sonik sk3, boat rod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonik sk3, boat rod.

Anyone used the above Rod, just bought the 30-50lb class online for a decent price.
    Used the 20-30lb rod and thought it seemed like 12-20. Very soft. This one seems spot on. Gonna have to wait till May to try it out.
    GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

I have 3 sonic sk3 rods. 6-12lb, 12-20lb, and 20-30lb. they all appear to be soft at the tip, but that is a good thing in my opinion. I enjoy using the lightest one the most as it gives all fish a sporting chance, but can still handle a good size fish.
    I can understand that with a large weight or heavy pirk on the line it will spoil the action, but if you are using braid, especially 30lb with just a 5-6oz sinker and a shad dangling over a wreck, the fun begins. some may scoff at such light line but, if you get hung up on the wreck or rough ground, doesn't matter if you're using 30lb or 80lb you're gonna loose it anyway, so why struggle so hard to break it out.
    P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

True mate. Your not wrong. I usually don't go any lighter than 10oz leads as it's usually charter boats I fish on. Can deffo see where your coming from though.
      GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Working...
      X