First job of the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First job of the year.

Well as we are into the new year and not much happens this month, thoughts start towards the new season. So put engine in today for its service , just rollers for trailer and new dragonfly to get and that's us back up and running. First fine day we will be back out. Can't wait, just getting things done on the boat makes me look forward to the first trip out of the year.

Good stuff Mark, we'd be bored stiff if it wasnt for the boats.. after the Dragonfly and rollers you can polish it to death..

I finished work early and fitted the new GPS and a radio cd to the boat, just the fishing gear to go on it now....

Comment

Happy days chris. Funny you should say that pal, was looking at the polish today when I dropped the boat off. Soon as it's back it will get a couple of coats.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain marky mark View Post
        Happy days chris. Funny you should say that pal, was looking at the polish today when I dropped the boat off. Soon as it's back it will get a couple of coats.
        Did you take it to Storrar ? i'm there in the morn for a Navionics card...

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
          Did you take it to Storrar ? i'm there in the morn for a Navionics card...
          No pal, priced there and a couple of other places for service. Took it up to Morpeth at lynch, captains locker. He was the cheapest, plus canny lads and have help me out a canny bit.

Comment

Quite a few lads go there, must be good...

Comment

Hi Mark, Although it's mid January, it feels that the new season is not too far away, even though we sometimes get snow in March. I see you've bought a new sound/plotter, have you got it fitted now.
              Had both my engines running on the "muffs" last weekend without any problems, so when the weather warms up a little, I will change the gearbox oil and plugs and get out there soon. Good luck, see you out there soon mate.
              P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
                Hi Mark, Although it's mid January, it feels that the new season is not too far away, even though we sometimes get snow in March. I see you've bought a new sound/plotter, have you got it fitted now.
                Had both my engines running on the "muffs" last weekend without any problems, so when the weather warms up a little, I will change the gearbox oil and plugs and get out there soon. Good luck, see you out there soon mate.
                Happy new year Arthur, getting plotter next week, I hope. Just waiting on the lads to cough up. I was thinking of just doing the engines myself but not sure the last time they were done properly, so thought we should get them done. Can't wait to get back out pal, especially with the new dragonfly, at least we will know where to find the wrecks.

Comment

Good to see all the jobs getting done ready for the cod boom Mark
                  Got a few to do now the other boat now that it got here this morning from Plymouth. So will crack on with it sunday
                  Attached Files

Comment

That will keep you out of mischief Allan...

Comment

Looks canny Allan, hope it all goes well pal.

Comment

Cheers Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X