Boat insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat insurance

I have just got my renewal notice for my boat insurance which I currently get through A-plan insurance. The premium for this year is £158 compared to last year of £165 (this was my first year so I had no NCB). The insurance underwriter is Towergate.

Towergate rang me last week to quote for my insurance (I used a comparison website last year) and again quoted well over £200 to insure my boat and its engines.

Just shows you have to shop around.

As I haven't paid my renewal yet (it's not due until 1st Feb) does anyone else know of any sites worth visiting for a quote?
    A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work

I used this website Compare Boat Insurance, Boat Insurance, insurance for boats in the UK

I held off for a couple of days and they sent me a 10% off voucher which i used and got fully comp for £120...

Comment

I use porthcawl but i phone them and get 30k worth of cover and 40miles from any safe haven. well worth it mine last year was 185

Check you policy carefully as some are very cunning and only have silly distances. A mate of mine checked his and he had 3 miles from point of departure so basically he got nothing.

Sean
      The beautifull South

Comment

Originally posted by big_sean View Post
        I use porthcawl but i phone them and get 30k worth of cover and 40miles from any safe haven. well worth it mine last year was 185

Check you policy carefully as some are very cunning and only have silly distances. A mate of mine checked his and he had 3 miles from point of departure so basically he got nothing.

Sean
        Thanks for that Sean I just checked and it's 12 miles offshore. But certainly worth checking as you say 3 miles is useless.

Comment

I’ve used Craftinsure Boat Insurance | Compare Yacht, Narrowboat, Dinghy, RIB, Speedboat, Canoe and Kayak Insurance since buying my first boat. I check before renewing each year that they will cover me for offshore trips and they’ve agreed so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1n View Post
            I’ve used Craftinsure Boat Insurance | Compare Yacht, Narrowboat, Dinghy, RIB, Speedboat, Canoe and Kayak Insurance since buying my first boat. I check before renewing each year that they will cover me for offshore trips and they’ve agreed so far.
            Make sure you get it in writing and get an agreed limit.

Sean
            The beautifull South

Comment

I contacted my in broker as it didnt state a distance on my policy, and their reply was...."I have contacted Haven Knox Johnston and they have confirmed they do not stipulate a maximum distance on their documents", i'm also covered for 2 weeks boating in international waters, so i might have a dodge over to Holland when the weather picks up...

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                I contacted my in broker as it didnt state a distance on my policy, and their reply was...."I have contacted Haven Knox Johnston and they have confirmed they do not stipulate a maximum distance on their documents", i'm also covered for 2 weeks boating in international waters, so i might have a dodge over to Holland when the weather picks up...
                You could always tie a line on the DFDS boat to save fuel - just so long as they don't set fire to it again

Comment

I have used Sarga for years, boat insurance was only £113 this year for me....its the cheap part of boating, the marina bill was about £1,700 ha
                  ................__................................ .............................
                  ____[ ~ \_____
                  [__On-A-Roll__/
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  P.B
                  SKATE 204lb
                  COD 51lb
                  LING 32lb
                  TOPE 40lb
                  CONGER 25lb
                  HADDOCK 10lb
                  HALIBUT 37lb
                  COALIE 16lb
                  BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by Safetyman View Post
                    You could always tie a line on the DFDS boat to save fuel - just so long as they don't set fire to it again
                    LOL...6oz grip lead, pedulum cast onto the stern.....jobs a goodun...

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
                      I have used Sarga for years, boat insurance was only £113 this year for me....its the cheap part of boating, the marina bill was about £1,700 ha
                      That's cheap as chips that Richy. Where will I find them? Ours is up at the end of the month and they want £188 this time round. If anyone else has any others it would be much appreciated.
                      Cheers
                      Mark

Comment

Just do a search on the net, i have been with them for 6 years
                        ................__................................ .............................
                        ____[ ~ \_____
                        [__On-A-Roll__/
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        P.B
                        SKATE 204lb
                        COD 51lb
                        LING 32lb
                        TOPE 40lb
                        CONGER 25lb
                        HADDOCK 10lb
                        HALIBUT 37lb
                        COALIE 16lb
                        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

boat insurance

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
                          Hi is this just boat insurance ???? how much is the cover for taking anglers out as im new to this I mean how much wud it be for liability cover for 12 anglers please

Comment

Not a clue for 12, larger boats and charters have different brackets and rules, same goes for the speed brackets...my insurance does 0-10knots 10-20knots and 20+. It also does miles from a safe port bracket etc.

Just go on the web sites and do what you do for car insurance, tick or untick what you wish and a price will come up.
                            ____[ ~ \_____
                            [__On-A-Roll__/
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                            P.B
                            SKATE 204lb
                            COD 51lb
                            LING 32lb
                            TOPE 40lb
                            CONGER 25lb
                            HADDOCK 10lb
                            HALIBUT 37lb
                            COALIE 16lb