Waste of Time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waste of Time...

Just got back from Glasgow after looking at a Mercury 4hp 4 stroke aux engine, advertised as immaculate condition, the guy said he took it off his 2007 Quicksilver as he has changed to Honda and wanted an aux to match..

He said it was a 2007, very very clean, started first pull and seviced every year and wanted £450 for it but since i was doing a 340 mile round trip he would take £400 for it...

When i got there, we got the engine out of his garage and straight away i noticed the leg had been sprayed satin black , the best side of the engine had been photographed , the prop had a load of play on the shaft and under the hood it looked like it had been submerged, then started and the crap had baked on the engine........ He said "We'll take it into the yard where the tap is, cos thats where i always put the flush muffs on and flush it after i've used it"...Hold on i said....there are no water intakes on the leg, it needs putting in a tub to run it....AHH he said...

By now, i was pretty p****d off.....i'm not interested in hearing it running mate, its nowt like you explained on the phone, i said.......and he said i'll take £200 since you've come so far......I just said ..."not interested, i'm gonna travel the 170 miles back now....cheers mate"

I dont know how many times i have looked at something described as "Immaculate" and its been total cr@p

Here's the pic, doesnt look too bad, few chips visible here and there.....

On a less serious note....our lass always said she would like to go to Scotland when it was snowing......and now she has......i spoil her too much...

That's crap Chris, these Scots shouldn't be trusted!

Can't believe you didn't pop in for a coffee when you were up!
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

I wouldnt have been good company Mark

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
        Just got back from Glasgow after looking at a Mercury 4hp 4 stroke aux engine, advertised as immaculate condition, the guy said he took it off his 2007 Quicksilver as he has changed to Honda and wanted an aux to match..

He said it was a 2007, very very clean, started first pull and seviced every year and wanted £450 for it but since i was doing a 340 mile round trip he would take £400 for it...

When i got there, we got the engine out of his garage and straight away i noticed the leg had been sprayed satin black , the best side of the engine had been photographed , the prop had a load of play on the shaft and under the hood it looked like it had been submerged, then started and the crap had baked on the engine........ He said "We'll take it into the yard where the tap is, cos thats where i always put the flush muffs on and flush it after i've used it"...Hold on i said....there are no water intakes on the leg, it needs putting in a tub to run it....AHH he said...

By now, i was pretty p****d off.....i'm not interested in hearing it running mate, its nowt like you explained on the phone, i said.......and he said i'll take £200 since you've come so far......I just said ..."not interested, i'm gonna travel the 170 miles back now....cheers mate"

I dont know how many times i have looked at something described as "Immaculate" and its been total cr@p

Here's the pic, doesnt look too bad, few chips visible here and there.....

On a less serious note....our lass always said she would like to go to Scotland when it was snowing......and now she has......i spoil her too much...
        Jester there's Nowt worse than someone saying immaculate,sounds like he was trying to make a quick quid.

Comment

Aye, too right beachbuddy....

Comment

Forgot to say...it was a 2004 engine as well

Comment

I wouldnt have been good company Mark
              It really is crap of that guy. One thing putting a gloss on something, but to allow someone to do a 340 mile round trip having totally misrepresented something is a disgrace.

I just despair about some people these days.

Comment

Aye Mark, wouldnt have been too bad if was 50 miles....

Do you live far from Glasgow ?

Comment

Unlucky Chris

Must have been hard not getting him in a headlock

Comment

the guy wasnt called ARNOLD CLARKE was he
                    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
                      Haha, good one Duncan!

Just 20 miles west Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
                        He wasnt as bad as that Dunc...

Comment

Heh heh heh.........that's just terrible ....did you stop for coffee ? Or was it a straight run...

Comment

Originally posted by easyfish1 View Post
                            Heh heh heh.........that's just terrible ....did you stop for coffee ? Or was it a straight run...
                            Stopped twice at service stations for a coffee and on the way back for a KFC...

Comment

Stopped twice at service stations for a coffee and on the way back for a KFC...
                              Any distance would have made no difference,when an item is a million miles away of how it was advertised.

Comment

Working...
                              X