Another Grubby Story ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Grubby Story ........

I've been trying for some time to make two colour Lures in particular one colour for the body and one for the tail. I've seen the special syringes from the US with twin spouts but this never really fit the bill for what I was after and also looked rather cumbersome. However, after a bit of thought, experimenting programming and machining of a new mould(s) I finally think I've managed what I'm after and, I think, but time will tell, it is now under control and repeatable with any colours we wish .............
    Tony and I have managed twin colours by each using a different colour in the same mould but never able to repeat it with any accuracy, this looks much better ....

tadah .... the 2 colour Slinky Grub ........ ..
    shown here in the weighted hook version and the bare version ......
    (no paint was used in the making of these grubs)

cheers

norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Oooh see you next week
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

Comment

Class Norm, that looks like another 3-0 winner to me.
      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

ok ok enough ...

at least I was busy doing the above and just listening, as it were not a sky match

norm
        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Another goodun Norm When i saw Keiths reply i thought ....He's going to ask for some red and white ones here....

Comment

Things really have moved up a notch from the early days of plaster of paris and even beyond the silicon/balsa moulds...the standard of output is really erring on commercial quality (which is awesome considering this is coming out of a garage!)

Begs the question...would anyone pay to buy either a mould or lures if you rolled it out? or would you even consider it??
            Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
            I AGREE

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Wallsendo View Post
              Things really have moved up a notch from the early days of plaster of paris and even beyond the silicon/balsa moulds...the standard of output is really erring on commercial quality (which is awesome considering this is coming out of a garage!)

Begs the question...would anyone pay to buy either a mould or lures if you rolled it out? or would you even consider it??

I feel an ebay coming on will be there soon I think .....

norm
              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

another grubby story

well impressed norman as good as owt we could mould at work on the arburgs mate

Comment

I definately think you could sell them on EBAY, there's nothing like them on there...

Comment

Cheers lads, much appreciate the comments , think I'll build a few then give it an ebay bash

I think favourites at the moment are these double colours they're coming along nice ...... thanks to the apprentice for his input

cheers

norm
                    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

If they don't sell you could scale up a bit and try targeting the adult market
                      Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Bet theirs some fish caught on the slinky lure range this season.

You'll have to start a thread and put pics of fish caught.

Sure they'd sell no bother.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                          If they don't sell you could scale up a bit and try targeting the adult market

Bad lad....

Or is it naughty boy

Comment

look canny them Norman but do they catch as many as the crisp packets
                            Alan

Comment

norm, u really need to get out more.

great looking gear m8, well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X