norway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• norway

hi lads n lasses has any1 on here ever fished the island of senja in norway looking at getting a trip sorted with some mates for june/july next year

Never fished it but if you have not booked yet then i would look at going that little further north. If your spending all the cash to get there you may as well get to the world famous grouns around Loppa,Sandland, Skjevoy and the big one Soroya.

These areas hold a large amount of cod, haddock, coalie, wolfish, torsk and butts with the big cod in late March and early April...rest of the year has a good range of fish and some monsters mixed in.

We have had cod upto 50lb, wolffish 10lb, coalie 10lb, butts over 80lb, torsk to 14lb and haddock to 10lb..

I have been to Skjevoy that was a canny camp and rather easy to get too, Snadland in Loppa that is abit harder to get to but has loads of great ground to fish and then soroya, the land of the world records....its very hard to get to and hard to you need the weather for it but if you get lucky you will never had a week like it for amount and size of fish.

Also if you have a choice of airlines go with Nor air not SAS, they charge loads more for rods and extra bags etc that you need when going that far north.

Hope this helps
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

50lb cod ....... Now that would put a bend in your rod !

Comment

Mind like all types of fishing you have to work for them and Norway is no different, we found some days when we only had 8-10 fish each. Its more than just the fishing in Norway thou, its the full experiance of the area.
        ................__................................ .............................
        ____[ ~ \_____
        [__On-A-Roll__/
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        P.B
        SKATE 204lb
        COD 51lb
        LING 32lb
        TOPE 40lb
        CONGER 25lb
        HADDOCK 10lb
        HALIBUT 37lb
        COALIE 16lb
        BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Hi mate, I have fished the north coast of Senja before, stunning place!

Comment

I fished there a few years ago,July/August is supposed to be the best time when the small coalies enter the fjord but it really does depend on the previous months weather as to when they arrive.

SEA FISHING IN NORWAY - Husoy (Norway) 4th-11th July 2009 - Cod, Haddock etc

Comment

Originally posted by northeast1 View Post
              Never fished it but if you have not booked yet then i would look at going that little further north. If your spending all the cash to get there you may as well get to the world famous grouns around Loppa,Sandland, Skjevoy and the big one Soroya.

These areas hold a large amount of cod, haddock, coalie, wolfish, torsk and butts with the big cod in late March and early April...rest of the year has a good range of fish and some monsters mixed in.

We have had cod upto 50lb, wolffish 10lb, coalie 10lb, butts over 80lb, torsk to 14lb and haddock to 10lb..

I have been to Skjevoy that was a canny camp and rather easy to get too, Snadland in Loppa that is abit harder to get to but has loads of great ground to fish and then soroya, the land of the world records....its very hard to get to and hard to you need the weather for it but if you get lucky you will never had a week like it for amount and size of fish.

Also if you have a choice of airlines go with Nor air not SAS, they charge loads more for rods and extra bags etc that you need when going that far north.

Hope this helps
              cheers for the advice gona look into some of them places but as its gona be our first trip we are really looking for somewhere easy to get 2 to and some decent fishing be happy with a good mixed bag rather than fishing for a week trying for a lump and the midnight sun sounds amazing also some of the wildlife around the island

Comment

thanks for the reports lads wetted my appatite right up gave us some good info for what wee looking for

Comment

Working...
                X