Boat Scams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Scams.

Looking through Ebay i came across these ads, what do you reckon on the prices ....too good to be true ...all zero feeback sellers ....hmmmm...

EXCELLENT POWER BOAT Orkney 522 Fishing Boat | eBay

Beneteau Antares 600 Fishing Boat | eBay

Predator 165 Sea Angler Fishing Boat STUNNING | eBay

nee chance Chris, the first one the motors worth that much ..... smells fishy (pardon the pun) but keep searching ebay there are some good deals on there

norm
    ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
    . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
    ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

I think it's free insertion fees this week so some one taking the p at no cost !

norm
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Dont know if anybody noticed but they are in lancashire, iffy or what

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post

nee chance Chris, the first one the motors worth that much ..... smells fishy (pardon the pun) but keep searching ebay there are some good deals on there

norm
          I'm allowed to look, but not touch Norm...

Comment

Wonder if it's a dealer getting free advertising...?
            Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
            I AGREE

Comment

There was that trooper back on other day for 3k blatant scam been on around 5 times now and the 4 stroke engine is worth that alone
              Cod machine

Comment

Aye i saw it mate....Ebay is getting like Boats and Outboards for scams

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                  Aye i saw it mate....Ebay is getting like Boats and Outboards for scams
                  When I was looking for a boat I got sick of reporting scams to the owners of the Boats and Outboards there were so many. I did reply to one or two to see what happened and as you would expect they want you to transfer money into an account Back off straight away!!! I think the old adage "If it's too good to be true then it probably is" should be kept in people's minds.
                  A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work

Comment

Ebay must have thought the adverts were dodgy too and have taken the links down now.

Comment

I get 2 or 3 scam emails a day from Paypal, Lloyds Bank etc, it just makes you wonder for every 1000 that ignore them, how many actually reply with their personal info...

Comment

These listing are scams. I did some researching last year when I was looking for a boat. I purposely went along with one of them to find out how they would make the transaction. They wanted the potential buyer to transfer money into a holding account via PayPal. This account does not exist, it was something they had setup using the paypal format. The money would then be held until you receive the boat which was to be delivered to your front door. Once you are happy with the boat you then instruct the account holder to release your money. I reported them to Ebay but I assume they open up new Ebay accounts and keep trying until someone falls for it. They had a seahog seatrooper for sale for £4000. THe 60hp outboard was worth this amount. scum bags.

Regards rushy

Comment

Working...
                        X