Advice on first fishing boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on first fishing boat

Hi guys, I know this has been asked many times before but I just wanted to ask this question myself to get the best advice.

I'm looking to buy a small boat big enough for two to go out into sea to do some fishing (obviously...). I'm not wanting to go miles and miles out but I would like to fish a few shipwrecks and what not.

I'm looking at a 14ft CJR boat for £1500, sellers says everything including the trailers is in good condition and everything is in working order. The boat has a 40 hp Johnson vro engine.

It would only be myself and a friend who would be using this boat and from what I can see of the boat in the pictures it looks like it would be big enough for two to fish.
    Are theses a good boat to go for? I'm not in a hurry to buy one yet as it's going to be March 2020 before I buy one. Looking at a few now just to get a rough idea of what price I'll be looking at when the time comes.

My budget is going to be around the £1500-2000 mark.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Don't know where you live, if it was me, I would join my local boat club, the one at Blyth is very friendly, and there's always people offering advice and help with safety, and there's always boats up for sale. Davey.

Comment

Working...
    X