Wanted - fibreglass repairer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - fibreglass repairer

Anyone know of a reputable, high quality glassfibre repairer ? Bellini was bashed by the adjacent boat during Storm Arwen when it and/or its pontoon broke free, and I'm having difficulty tracking anyone down who can do the repair. It's not a simple job.

I've tried Amble Boat Co, PA Lynch, the Boatfixer and Breeze Marine. Only Mike at Breeze has responded positively, but is still super-busy so not sure when he can take a look.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bellini IMG-4373.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1589603

Name:	Bellini IMG-4372.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1589604

sorry to hear about your boat mate there was a few damaged up the tyne hope you find someone to do job for you

Comment

Devastating mate good luck with the search

Comment

Thanks guys. Spent a lot of money on the old gal over the last year or so, bringing her up to scratch, and was more or less all finished when this happened. Still, Mike from Breeze Marine has been to take a look and will draw up an estimate for the insurance company, but it's been tough to find anyone. Storrar Marine was recommended by the insurance people, but their guy has moved on. Fingers crossed we'll get sorted in the New Year, but until we do, we'll have to be reading the catch reports from you guys.

Comment

Did you get sorted mate if not i know a really good lad who can do it ive been up to amble today to pay my fees be up there in a week or so what is your boat called looking forward to meeting the lads cant wait

Comment

That's really kind of you. Still not sorted. Have had a bunch of estimates, but the insurer is waiting for one more to come in. I don't blame them really - let's just say that there is a six grand difference between the highest quote and the next cheapest! And none of them are cheap.

Thing is, the repair itself has got to be done right - it's double skinned and it's quite a big area, and the gelcoat needs to be spray-painted not hand-painted, and the colour has to be matched. And the teak topping, and decals have to be replaced etc etc. If you know someone locally who can do all that then I'm interested.

If anyone gets into a similar situation, I have a list of yards capable of handling it. I found a couple that are local, but the the way it looks at the moment is that she'll likely to go down to East Anglia, or Yorkshire, or Scotland, or maybe the West Coast, and that's why it gets so expensive. A few can get it done within March, but some were quoting June only because so many boats countrywide have been damaged.

I was at the marina on Saturday and it's looking a lot better there. If you're on C pontoon, then you'll be near me - Bellini is the name of the boat, and I look forward to seeing you over there at some point.

Comment

Well, She was finally loaded onto a truck and sent north up into Scotland at the end of last week. No idea how long the repairs will take, but it's been a painful 6 months until now. I just hope we can salvage something from this season.

Has nobody been out? The board has been VERY quiet!

Comment

Well, after a very, very long wait, and still some repair work left to do, we're back in business!

All I have to do now is find the fish and post some reports

Name:	IMG-20220711-WA0009.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1591510

Comment

looking good nice repair and good luck finding fish

Comment

Working...
                  X