Pirk Coatings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirk Coatings.

Has anyone tried any other coatings other than paint ?

I've seen powders to dip the pirks in and liquid plastic but are they any good..

I tried some powder coating stuff that you dip them in, was alright, I had to finish them off with a blow torch to smooth them off.

My favourite is orange lumi / fluro plasticote paint in a spray tin with a white undercoat if I was doing posh ones.

For proper posh ones I've got some glitter/ clear spray to finish them off

The wrecks really appreciate it

Sometimes use orange Jaffa tape and chrome effect tape.

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
      Has anyone tried any other coatings other than paint ?

I've seen powders to dip the pirks in and liquid plastic but are they any good..
      At the rate in which they may be lost just paint will do me lol

I have seen people plastic coating them and adding silver tape etc but I just paint them with Glow in the dark paint and they seem to do very well

if adding muppets then sometimes I just leave them in plain lead and it doesn't seem to make any difference to me but others will say blue or pink with dots does better lol

Sean
      The beautifull South

Comment

Here's a question : Can fish really distinguish colour in say 80ft plus of water? Or is it the motion of pirk/shad that attracts them?
        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Plasticote is £8.00 + a tin + glitter and undercoat, my pension wont go far with all that ...well...maybe 100ft+ down...

Looks like i'll keep using the paint, dont like the hassle of smoothing plastic dip off with a heat gun..too much faff on.

Comment

Originally posted by kayos View Post
            Here's a question : Can fish really distinguish colour in say 80ft plus of water? Or is it the motion of pirk/shad that attracts them?
            Million dollar question, but different colours will fish better at different times Mark....

Comment

We have some days when the fish will only take a certain colour of shad and ignore every other colour, even the same shape/type.

Not sure if its the colour or shade or whatever but it often happens

Comment

Plasticote is £8.00 + a tin + glitter and undercoat, my pension wont go far with all that ...well...maybe 100ft+ down...

Looks like i'll keep using the paint, dont like the hassle of smoothing plastic dip off with a heat gun..too much faff on.
                Your pension

Rumour has it that your mattress has that much dosh underneath it that you keep burning yourself on the lightbulb.

Comment

I just googled it and some say yes and some say no.....but it would be boring making black and grey lures, so i'll believe they can see colours...

Comment

Originally posted by Codfather View Post
                    Your pension

Rumour has it that your mattress has that much dosh underneath it that you keep burning yourself on the lightbulb.
                    Thats not dosh Martin, thats my stash of pirks...

Comment

think I'm sleeping on the floor now after paying for the engine service

Comment

I just googled it and some say yes and some say no.....but it would be boring making black and grey lures, so i'll believe they can see colours...
                        I googled it too. I have been out when one colour does seem to work best, but I'm not convinced it is the colour, although I change to the colour that is working same as anyone!
                        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Originally posted by codfather View Post
                          your pension

Rumour has it that your mattress has that much dosh underneath it that you keep burning yourself on the lightbulb. :d:d:d
                          :d:d:d:d:d:d.......

Comment

Originally posted by easyfish1 View Post
                            :d:d:d:d:d:d.......
                            What you laughing at, youve got all my money in your Pelican Bank...

Comment

Just waiting for the right one.....

I had a look at one today... I'll text ya a pic..

Comment

Working...
                              X