X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jig heads and long jellies

Was wondering how to rig these.

Jelly worm 10 pack plus three eagleclaw hardwire jigheads

I've never used jig heads and wanted to know how to rig them and work them.

Do you use a sinker?

With leadheads of that size your probably gonna need to use a sinker aswell if fishing the wrecks.

Might get away with just the leadhead if you fishing in shallowish water and theirs not much drift, would be good sport if you could.

If you fishing deeper wrecks and ground I would use a sinker tho and fish them like a shad.

Look like pollack killers

Best of luck.

Comment

Firstly that looks like a bargain! I may have to get amongst that!

Yep I'd agree with Codfather, you'll want a sinker with them fished similar to a shad. Personally I favor the Portsmouth rig with a 4/5ft trace for lead-heads, shads etc.

Tight lines.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's a bargain this same worms are only 10-20p each in tackle shops and lead heads are that expensive. I'd personally buy from a tackle shop anyday.
        PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
        PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
        PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
        PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Anyway that's how I'd fish them as per the original question.

Comment

These are my latest jigheads (Slinky Coquet Twister heads), come in at 35gm and sporting a 5/0 hook, but even at that weight we'll be wrecking them on a single flowing trace about 4-5 foot long with a 12 oz lead on the bottom to help keep the action vertical. So, I suppose I agree with the replies good luck ...

cheers

norm
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

So I guess a 6oz sinker with a trace about 3/4ft from the top of the 6oz sinker or may be a six inch boom with a shorter trace?

Then let them drop and a slow wind up then repeat.

Crossed posts.

Btw thanks for all the replies chaps. Allways helpful on here.
              Last edited by Ankle.Biter; 17-03-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ankle.Biter View Post
                So I guess a 6oz sinker with a trace about 3/4ft from the top of the 6oz sinker or may be a six inch boom with a shorter trace?

Then let them drop and a slow wind up then repeat.

Crossed posts.

Btw thanks for all the replies chaps. Allways helpful on here.

Yeah, but depending where your fishing you may need heavier bottom lead or else it will wash down tide and come horizontal, I would say if your wrecking no less than 12 oz and if inshore hard ground no less than 10oz

cheers

norm
                ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

I don't bother with a boom, less to tangle. But some do, just personal preference .

Looking great Norman, bet you've been busy

Comment

Originally posted by Codfather View Post
                    I don't bother with a boom, less to tangle. But some do, just personal preference .

Looking great Norman, bet you've been busy
                    Check the ebay section Martin
                    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Just use a light rod, spinning reel and 25lb braid and they cast 50yds, gives them time to hit the bottom inshore.

Comment

I never noticed, Good on ya Norman, sure they'll do well.

Comment

Aye they look well Norm, and the bidding has started ..this time next year you'll be a millionaire...

Comment

I think as long as Norm can cover the cost of a bottle of deck cleaner he'll be happy

Weather watch has started
                            Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                            I AGREE

Comment

Aye, I've just bought Tony's start of season present ..... 2 bottles of deck cleaner

norm
                              ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                              . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___

Comment

Working...
                              X