Tackle shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tackle shops

Its no wonder the internet is taking over from tackle shops. I would much rather go to a tackle shop, have a chat and physically see the stuff I want to buy. But they don' t help themselves. Went all the way to Morpeth today to a place that calls itself game fishing supplies. Went to buy a 7 inch fly box which would fit in my jacket pocket. They only had one big fly box in stock. We may be getting some more in 6 to 10 days. Well I won't be back.

You should of rang in advance to ask if they had the box you wanted, simple really.
    ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
    Okuma trio Rex
    Aerlex 7000xsa
    Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

That's the problem with a lot of tackle shops not all mind but most just don't hold the stock the demand is there but I think a lot are scared to hold a lot of stock because of cost

Comment

I agree there I hate shopping on line although 'cluella' loves it, but sometimes online shops are out of stock too. That nets shops usually has what I want and I did get a 525'2 for £119 a few months back so well happy no waiting on being postage etc.
        ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
        Okuma trio Rex
        Aerlex 7000xsa
        Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie View Post
          Its no wonder the internet is taking over from tackle shops. I would much rather go to a tackle shop, have a chat and physically see the stuff I want to buy. But they don' t help themselves. Went all the way to Morpeth today to a place that calls itself game fishing supplies. Went to buy a 7 inch fly box which would fit in my jacket pocket. They only had one big fly box in stock. We may be getting some more in 6 to 10 days. Well I won't be back.
          if you were up that way m8, you could've called in2 "angler's united",
          gary would've had what you wanted.

downstair's is sea fishing and upstair's is all freshwater, if you get the chance it's well worth a look m8.

Comment

Where is that then.ok found it in Lynemouth looks good.
            Last edited by Alfie; 22-03-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Yep I could have rung but I expected a business that advertises itself as game angling supplies would have a choice of fly boxes in stock. Maybe my expectations are too high.

Comment

Yep I could have rung but I expected a business that advertises itself as game angling supplies would have a choice of fly boxes in stock. Maybe my expectations are too high. I did check there website beforehand.

Comment

Angling united is a good shop, but still worth ringing first. class sea fishing bait throughout year though.!!
                  ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
                  Okuma trio Rex
                  Aerlex 7000xsa
                  Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Originally posted by Alfie View Post
                    Where is that then.
                    Anglers United is in Lynemouth just north of Ashington

Comment

heard that's a really good shop well stocked and great bait me pal was getting peeler from there regular good size also might have a look up that way soon

Comment

angler's united.
                        albion terrace
                        lynemouth
                        Northumberland

01670 862204

gary kislingbury 07919835944

top bloke lad's.

Comment

Went there twice maybe a couple of years ago but found it rather a strange experience. There was a big old scruffy sofa just to the left of the doorway that had been adopted by a few of the local characters. They were in residence on both of my visits, they didn't say anything, just seemed happy to stare and look you up and down. Tackle shops should be places you can browse at your leisure without the local weirdo's giving you the dead eye. Couldn't wait to get out of there and I wont be back until someone assures me it's no longer the local drop in centre for the bewildered.

Comment

Think thats just Lynemouth in general not just the tackle shop.

Comment

ha ha, when gary was setting up it was a bit rough,
                              he's got a new setee now.

well worth a look m8.

Comment

Working...
                              X