Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compass?

Morning lads,

Can anyone recommend a decent compass (for the boat obviously) - I'm not after anything flash, just simply something that will do the job.

Responses appreciated as always.

Cheers

Originally posted by dave craig View Post
    Morning lads,

Can anyone recommend a decent compass (for the boat obviously) - I'm not after anything flash, just simply something that will do the job.

Cheers
    Here you go cheap as chips and will do the job and guaranteed for 5 years.

Ritchie Angler Compass - Bracket Mount - Only £49.95 - Force 4 Chandlery

Or one of these

Or if you are going to overlay radar and Ais etc and want it all to work in sync then add one of these

Sean
    Last edited by big_sean; 24-03-2014, 10:51 AM.
    The beautifull South

Comment

funny the things that turn up. Talking to an old guy in one of the net sheds in hartlepool, got talking about about boats and pansy in particular... he disappears behind a mountain of gear and comes back with this. Original compass from pansy, 1934. he'd saved it when it was removed during a refit in 1969 when the boat was fishing out of hartlepool.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
        funny the things that turn up. Talking to an old guy in one of the net sheds in hartlepool, got talking about about boats and pansy in particular... he disappears behind a mountain of gear and comes back with this. Original compass from pansy, 1934. he'd saved it when it was removed during a refit in 1969 when the boat was fishing out of hartlepool.

Nice piece of Kit that Mark, when is it to be installed on Pansy and when is she going to be finished?

Sean
        The beautifull South

Comment

oh how I wish I knew the answer to that. all on hold still. have been working 6-7 days a week 52 weeks a year without a break for the last couple of years just to keep our heads above water. what I wouldn't give to have a few days break to do some work

Thought for the day:
          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

Whats the odds on that happening, nice touch though...

Any pics of Pansy as she is at the moment Mark...

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
              Whats the odds on that happening, nice touch though...

Any pics of Pansy as she is at the moment Mark...
              just as she sits on the hard. (see blog link below). He also dragged out the original chain steering box, and a pile of hounds, rescued from the old masts among other things!

Did stumble upon the requisite 50kg bail of oakum recently as well, just to prick my conscience even more!

Thought for the day:

Comment

Originally posted by dave craig View Post
                Morning lads,

Cheers
                Offshore 105. Pm me.

Comment

Working...
                X