Best childs life jacket...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best childs life jacket...?

I'm after a life jacket for the grandaughter she is 2 years old, we have her at the weekends and want to take her down the marina....not out on the boat, but just for her to wear walking along the pontoons. Do any of you grandads or dads out there have any advice on the best type, self inflating, foam filled pocket types etc.....any advice welcome...

I've got some foam filled ones in the shed if you want one its yours. had them when my lot were little. my be a bit big for a 2 year old but they grow pretty quick!

auto inflate ones are an option, but at that size I'd personally prefer a foam one

got my lad his first auto inflate when he was 6 or 7
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

I always used a foam filled one for the grandson as I didn't trust a auto inflate as if it didn't go off he wouldn't of been able to inflate it himself. the foam filled are 100% guaranteed to work.

Sean
      The beautifull South

Comment

Thanks for that Mark, i'll keep you in mind for when she grows a bit
        I was thinking that the auto ones might be a bit over the top for what we will be doing..... i take it a crotch strap is essential though....

Comment

I'll hve a look and see what there is in there. there's a pile of em in different sizes, I'll see what the smallest one says

Thought for the day:
          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

just had a look... (actually tidied the shed a couple of weeks back so I knew where stuff was!)

the smallest of the gul waistcoat types are 'juniors' probably good for 6-7 year olds, which is about the same size as the auto gas ones that are in there

do have some brand new MCA approved mae west types, this is the smallest one. probably a bit too big can't be that far off. If its any good, let me know and I'll take it in tot he shop and you can pick it up

Thought for the day:

Comment

Cheers Mark, i'll keep it in mind

Mae West...who's she...

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                Thanks for that Mark, i'll keep you in mind for when she grows a bit
                I was thinking that the auto ones might be a bit over the top for what we will be doing..... i take it a crotch strap is essential though....
                chris,a lifejacket with no crotch strap is not worth considering
                AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
                X