Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

Hi all ... Just wondered if anyone has an opinion, I am looking to buy a maxximus rod (preferably orange but blue would do) my question is if the rod has fixed spool rings ... Could it be used for a multiplier ? ? Also been reading recent post regarding Shimano tld 15 and common fault ... Is it worth it going for a tld 20 or would that be overkill ? Also anyone have ideas for Maxximust stockists .... I'm struggling

Dragon Carp at Peterlee stock the Maxximus rods, i looked at one there a couple of weeks back...think they were about £40...

Comment

Unless you are casting with the boat rod the ring set-up may be OK with a multi. Just check that there will be enough height in the ring and reel to keep the line from cutting in to the foam or cork handle when the rod bends into a big fish.

MyTLD15s have lasted a few seasons without any problems fishing our local waters. IMHO, the TLD20 is a monster reel for round here and would be overkill. I slightly prefer my Penn 320LD which could be worth a look.

Comment

I think when braid first came about it was like cheese wire so would cut through "normal" rings...the rod manufacturers designed the braid rings and nowadays charge a slight premium for them on the build IMHO

I've just bought a Sonik SK3 which has "mono" rings and it'll be fine I am sure

As for the "fault" in the TLD15s...take that with a pinch. My reel is seven seasons old and still works fine

TLD20 waaay too big also
        Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
        I AGREE

Comment

Mike Ashley (Top bloke) aka Sports Direct will sell you a Blue Maxximus (better rings) for just over a £100, If I was due a new rod that would be my choice.

Nowt rang with TLD's
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

TLD 15 fine (Never changed my bearings in some 5 or 6 seasons, on 3 reels)
            TLD 20 ....... I got one ... somewhere .. far too big

norm
            ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
            . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
            ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

Cheers all .... I thought the tld20 looked a big beefy for our purposes... So a 15 it is ! ........ Any thoughts on blue vs orange maxximus rods .... Thanks again for the replies.

Comment

Not sure on the rod rating on either of those rods...but I would always err toward the lighter rating of the two

I had a green solid carbon which was great fun
                Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                X